X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WUpigsooie
    replied
    Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    Too early, but who is the backup point guard?
    Looks like on the depth chart it will be CF once he's eligible, though I imagine Baker takes most of the ball handling if FVV isn't in the game.

Leave a comment:

• pinstripers
    replied
    Too early, but who is the backup point guard?

Leave a comment:

• im4wsu
    replied
    Near the end, Taylor came into the lineup, immediately jacked up a loooooong 3-ball while guarded, and the guy behind me says, "hey guys, I haven't shot yet" and immediately is pulled from the action. Going to be a very good learning experience today for Mr. Taylor.

I have to believe that having a full practice prior to the scrimmage accounts for some of the poor shooting. So does not having Fred, Zach, Grady, Shaq and TBush on the floor.

CF did not make any glaring errors at PG, but I certainly don't remember anything special from his duties as PG either.

Regarding the comment from somebody that his shots came off the dribble and Ron can do that, implying, at least to me, that CF does not shoot well off the dribble, he made his living at North getting his own shot and shooting off the dribble. I think he had tired legs and maybe tried too hard to get his shot. Can't wait until Fred sets him up or Wessel makes that extra pass to a wide open 30-foot layup for CF.

Leave a comment:

• MTXE31
    replied
    Headline from last night: The Future is Here

Leave a comment:

• WuShock16
    replied
    Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    I'd like to give props to whomever selected the judges. Cleo Littleton, Rob Kampman, Jason Perez, Lynn Marshall. Are you kidding me? Who represents Wichita better than that group?

Kampman looks fantastic like he could curb stomp half the current team. Jason is just an amazing person. I LOVE that he's made Wichita his home.

Whomever did that, very well done.
    I believe that Rob is now one of Wichita's bravest, so you know that he can still play angry. Hell of a guy too. Forget basketball. He is just a good dude.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    Originally posted by WUpigsooie View Post
    The biggest take away I got is: HOLY SMOKES the youngsters are athletic!

I don't know that I've ever seen a freshman look like EH, that dude is a monster. LS was super bouncy (and probably wins the dunk contest if his 2nd dunk had gone down). MM dunked from just inside the FT line with his little chicken legs, imagine when he fills out. We will greatly miss FVV and RB when the season is over, but the cupboard will not be bare ya'll.
    Spindly legs are good....just ask @Ricardo del Rio:

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    I'd like to give props to whomever selected the judges. Cleo Littleton, Rob Kampman, Jason Perez, Lynn Marshall. Are you kidding me? Who represents Wichita better than that group?

Kampman looks fantastic like he could curb stomp half the current team. Jason is just an amazing person. I LOVE that he's made Wichita his home.

Whomever did that, very well done.

Leave a comment:

• WUpigsooie
    replied
    The biggest take away I got is: HOLY SMOKES the youngsters are athletic!

I don't know that I've ever seen a freshman look like EH, that dude is a monster. LS was super bouncy (and probably wins the dunk contest if his 2nd dunk had gone down). MM dunked from just inside the FT line with his little chicken legs, imagine when he fills out. We will greatly miss FVV and RB when the season is over, but the cupboard will not be bare ya'll.

Leave a comment:

• pogo
    replied
    enjoyed the entire thing. Good crowd which was enthusiastic and the MC kept things going. The new guys reminded me of young thorough breds that haven't quite filled out yet. Muscular and lean. Nice talent and I actually thought they played better together than past times. Did like Rauno and his play.

Leave a comment:

• shockmonster
    replied
    Originally posted by proshox View Post
    Every year I leave wishing they would have returned to the format used during the Kansas Coliseum year. No pomp and circumstance. Just a formal scrimmage with normal rules and a full clock.

I do not care about dunks or shooting contest. I just want to get an idea of how the new guys play the game. Last night they took multiple timeouts with a running clock and I felt robbed of free basketball!
    I liked the dunk contest this year. It could have been shorter but seeing all of the young athleticism on the court was fun.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    Originally posted by mumdaddy316 View Post
    And how did our ladies look,can we expect a 4-peat in the valley and another ncaa run in the tourney. Heard coach adams has a very polished and fast team??
    I don't watch enough to even remotely be able to project, but I liked what I saw. There's a little size, definite skill and athleticism. Execution and teamwork is big in the women's game but I could see that group of young ladies being better than anticipated. Nobody is replacing Alex Harden anytime soon but there is talent there.

Kelsey Jacobs couldn't wipe the smile from her face all night. Good for her, she deserved that and then some. Well done Kelsey!

Leave a comment:

• boltforge
    replied
    Anyone else catch Baker talking to Coach (who was supposed to not be the 'coach' on how to direct the new guys during plays)?

And this was definately a show scrimmage for the crowd, but Coach still dropped his patentted look on bad plays on the new guys. Looked like a couple of "Oh, you are going to hate tomorrow's practice after jacking that up."

Leave a comment:

• boltforge
    replied
    Originally posted by mumdaddy316 View Post
    And how did our ladies look,can we expect a 4-peat in the valley and another ncaa run in the tourney. Heard coach adams has a very polished and fast team??
    That could be better answered if the scrimmage guys they played would have pushed them. They looked like they were told to not really push the ladies to hard. They held off a lot on defense. Which I suppose you have to when you are 6 inches taller than any team the ladies will play.

Over all they are quick on the outside and hit most of their open shots. Play looks simplified from last year (to many new players?).

Leave a comment:

• proshox
    replied
    Every year I leave wishing they would have returned to the format used during the Kansas Coliseum year. No pomp and circumstance. Just a formal scrimmage with normal rules and a full clock.

I do not care about dunks or shooting contest. I just want to get an idea of how the new guys play the game. Last night they took multiple timeouts with a running clock and I felt robbed of free basketball!

Leave a comment:

• mumdaddy316
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X