• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ShoxRoxMySox
    replied
    Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
    Barring some real weird circumstance, no way Markis redshirts
    Agreed, there will be too many garbage time and mop up minutes to feast on all year.

Leave a comment:

• Blackmag
    replied
    Agree, maybe an injury, or some personal problem, otheir than that Markis will be playing and contributing, how much, who knows. The kids got skills and will be an impact player in the future. Yea he needs to bulk up, but we have enough rebounders and bangers, I see him out quicking people and using his jumping ability to his advantage....

Leave a comment:

• shoxlax
    replied
    Barring some real weird circumstance, no way Markis redshirts

Leave a comment:

• MTXE31
    replied
    Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
    Yea i dont see Mcduffie sitting a year, too athletic and I don't think you bring in a 4-star to sit a year. I think he can learn and benifit from what time he gets this year. I think recruiting wise we will be getting more Mcduffies and Shamets. Lets throw them in the fire, all hands on deck...
    Amen. Vanvleet never redshirted, he was a 4 star player. He didnt start but he certainly made an impact. Could be the same case with Markis

Leave a comment:

• Blackmag
    replied
    Yea i dont see Mcduffie sitting a year, too athletic and I don't think you bring in a 4-star to sit a year. I think he can learn and benifit from what time he gets this year. I think recruiting wise we will be getting more Mcduffies and Shamets. Lets throw them in the fire, all hands on deck...

Leave a comment:

• wufan
    replied
    Hamilton, McDuffie, and Taylor could all benefit from a red-shirt. I don't know that we will get a 5th year out of Hamilton and McDuffie however. Seriously, these guys might leave early for a paycheck.

Leave a comment:

• MTXE31
    replied
    Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    I'm going a different direction

Starters:
    Fred
    Ron
    Evan
    Rashard
    Anton

I'm still seeing a possible shirt for McDuffie. He's got the talent to get some court time, but he isn't needed this year. He could use some bulk, even if he's a SF. Taylor is another candidate for a shirt.

I think Kelly can give us 3 years of Carl Hall and has a ceiling higher than that. Grady has a lot of post moves, so he might be more effective at the 5 than the 4. I think Shaq slides over to PF for a year.
    I disagree with ya there. McDuffie is absolutely needed this year. Even if its only to score 2 points a game. Because if they're gonna win it all or make a final four they need every player and every contribution they can get. Teams are stacked this year, more so then I've seen recently

Leave a comment:

• wufan
    replied
    I can see Grady playing some center, but I think the three best bigs (in no order) will be Shaq, Anton, and Rashard. Of those three, Shaq is the clear center to me. I think Bush is likely the 4th best player, and although I have him as a starter, I expect he will only play 10-15 minutes per game. I expect to see a lot of the big three; probably 18-20 mpg each. That leaves about 10 minutes for two of Rauno, Eric, Evan, or Markis in the front court.

It will be interesting to see where Zach fits in this year. With the advances of the big guys, I don't think we will see much Zach at the 4. With the progress of Conner and Landry, I don't think we will see much of Zach at the 2. Zach is a three and will be competing with Evan, Landry, and Markis. Will Mr Brown get pinched for minutes? How could he?

Leave a comment:

• Aargh
    replied
    Originally posted by wufan View Post
    After the madness, where five key players sat, this is my thinking on rotation (which hasn't changed much):

Starters:
    Fred
    Ron
    Evan
    Anton
    Bush
    I'm going a different direction

Starters:
    Fred
    Ron
    Evan
    Rashard
    Anton

I'm still seeing a possible shirt for McDuffie. He's got the talent to get some court time, but he isn't needed this year. He could use some bulk, even if he's a SF. Taylor is another candidate for a shirt.

I think Kelly can give us 3 years of Carl Hall and has a ceiling higher than that. Grady has a lot of post moves, so he might be more effective at the 5 than the 4. I think Shaq slides over to PF for a year.

Leave a comment:

• wusphlash
    replied
    What is this world you speak of where players as talented as Eric, Markis, Rauno and Tyrone are not good enough to be in the top ten.

Why it's Shocker World. Good times.

Leave a comment:

• wufan
    replied
    After the madness, where five key players sat, this is my thinking on rotation (which hasn't changed much):

Starters:
    Fred
    Ron
    Evan
    Anton
    Bush

Five seniors start the game. It's experience, strength, and size. Good offense and defense. A little shy on athleticism.

Second Team:
    Conner
    Landry
    Zach
    Rashard
    Shaq

Long and athletic. Strong shooting. Good defensive team. A little short in the front court. I would be neither surprised not disappointed if any one or more of my second five were instead in the starting line-up.

Deep Bench:

Markis - hard to keep him off the floor. A little thin and young to make an impact on this team.
    Eric - probably a bigger, more athletic Tevin Glass this year. Nothing wrong with that for a freshman.
    Rauno - great third string center.
    Ty - he should red shirt. He's smallish, and has an extremely difficult position to learn. There are too many guys that are more skilled and capable of playing his position.
    Last edited by wufan; October 23, 2015, 09:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• WuShock16
    replied
    Having NBA scouts in the building certainly ratchets up the level of effort in practice...even amongst the walk-ons. I say that not to make a smart ass comment about putting JR Simon and NBA in the same sentence. I remember in high school that our girls basketball team was pretty good in my later years. Our head coach (and my physics teacher) talked about a time when a small-college coach in to watch practice. She (the teacher/coach) noticed that even the girls at the end of the bench with no shot at playing after high school gave a little extra effort on that day because a college coach was watching.

Leave a comment:

• forevershockerfan
    replied
    Originally posted by MTXE31 View Post
    Headline from last night: The Future is Here
    The surprise of the night was just how creative and inspiring all the participants of the dunk contest were last night. Yes, I knew we were going to be improved with solid athletes, but what a dunk contest that was!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!

Thus, I agree we continue to have a bright future and the best is yet to come just keeps getting better. It was not like this for how long many moons ago? Dunno, but this Shocker turnip truck has been progressing in leaps and bounds forward and is going to be a great ride for us to behold. It is just around the bend now and we Shocker fans are excited for the right reasons. It is not pie in the sky, the sky is not falling, the sky is the limit, and the roof will understand the roars of the masses. As Charles Dickens might say, 'it was the best of times and it is the best of more times to follow.'

Leave a comment:

• wufan
    replied
    Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    There have been NBA scouts there for a week. They like what they see...and not just from Fred and Ron who they come to see.

Our practices are becoming mini-combines. Don't think for a nano-second that is a fact lost on any number of related persons.
    Any word on who else the scouts are keeping an eye on? I could make some assumptions, but they would probably be wrong.

Leave a comment:

• wusphlash
    replied
    I am happy that Kellen's happy to be a Shocker.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X