Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shoxlax
    replied
    Another issue is the name of the event. It makes no sense. It's not at midnight and we play angry all of the time not just at the first scrimmage

Somehow a new name needs to be created for the event

Leave a comment:

• shoxlax
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    I dunno about you but that extra hour makes a huge difference.

See Seton Hall attendance at game time last year.
    Agree, that's my point. 6 is silly when it could be 7

In fact I even complained to someone who mattered the last two years

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Pickle
    replied
    Zach Brown done put on some weight.

Leave a comment:

• Dave Stalwart
    replied
    I suppose we should probably have an official shocker madness overhyping of the coming season thread right?

I fully intend to post all kinds of overexaggerated hype as it presents itself tonight.

Although this season I'm not sure any of it is hyperbole…

Leave a comment:

• WSUwatcher
    replied
    Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
    Also, I'm getting there late because of having a job. 6 is a little hard to swing.
    Jobs -- aren't they a pain in the rear?

Since I didn't even know there was such a thing as Periscope until a few posts ago, do you have a link I could use to find your account and follow you?

By the way, WSU is exactly right to put the women first. They've achieved a lot, and no disrespect intended, but they are definitely the opening act tonight and the men the headliners, so the schedule is as it should be (except a little too early at night -- like others, I can't help wondering why they don't do this at a regular game time).

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
    7 pm is the start of most games. Why should this be any different?
    I dunno about you but that extra hour makes a huge difference.

See Seton Hall attendance at game time last year.

Leave a comment:

• shoxlax
    replied
    7 pm is the start of most games. Why should this be any different?

Leave a comment:

• Cdizzle
    replied
    @kai: , any concern on recording and broadcasting an official practice without permission from the staff?

Leave a comment:

• shoxlax
    replied
    Also, I'm getting there late because of having a job. 6 is a little hard to swing.
    Awesome I'm out of town but will tune in

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    Oh and add the fact that there is no streaming option this year kinda solidifies the point even more.

Kai's periscope not withstanding.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerDropOut
    replied
    Heading to the "Chuck" with my wife! Our first time at Shocker Madness! Excited! Go Shocks!

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    You're right. I'm ecstatic that there was more than a week's worth of warning this year. I should've stopped right there.

But a weeknight at 6 is much more of a dirtier option than the other 2 you mentioned. Now I know you're a stickler for defending the athletic department at all costs, but come on. Admit it. This is a shitty time for the event. Of course, they don't really care about how many that comes out so I guess the point is moot.

Leave a comment:

• Cdizzle
    replied
    Meh. If it started at 7, everyone would complain that the part they want to see didn't start til 8:30 and they had kids to put to bed. If it was on a weekend, everyone would complain about it conflicting with college football or mowing the lawn.

Fact is, they put it on a weeknight when there aren't too many school/sports events, put the part most want to see at 7:15, and gave everyone more than a month's warning. That doesn't mean everyone can make it. Sometimes there are other priorities in life. But they can't plan around everyone's schedule.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    We have geniuses running this thing. Not only is it on a weeknight, but it starts at 6:00. Great planning.

I'm lucky enough that I work pretty close to campus so I'll be there on time.

And yes, everything outside of Verizon sucks in the arena. More genius.

Leave a comment:

• grudkin
    replied
    I made a periscope account. ShockerHoops is the name. I'll give it a whirl. No promises on quality.
    <--- First follower. =D I'll be watching if you can stream. Would be cool to see, even if only for a few minutes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X