Shocker Madness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
    "Octoberfest chicks"? I change my mind; I'm there!

Been there done that! Enjoyed it throughly!
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by MTXE31 View Post
      Its sad to think that our guys will have to go undefeated to get a 1 seed. Even 1 loss would probably drop them to a 2/3 seed
      I wouldn't go that far.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
        Did anybody see any of the recruits?
        Keyser and his family were there sitting in the front row right behind the bench. They were getting lots of attention from coaches and players.

Comment

• Originally posted by KraRam View Post
          Just heard from someone who was at the practice prior...2.5 hours and super intense. Got a little rough. The head scout from the Bulls was there. Would explain the tired legs.
          There have been NBA scouts there for a week. They like what they see...and not just from Fred and Ron who they come to see.

Our practices are becoming mini-combines. Don't think for a nano-second that is a fact lost on any number of related persons.

Comment

• Was anyone else surprised when Kellen came out with the managers? What happened to SMU? Just trying to save dad a few tuition shekels?

Reinforces my feeling that Gregg will retire a Shocker.
            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
              I wouldn't go that far.
              Not this year. I think the kinds of games we could lose will be respectable situations, and there will be a lot of decisive wins throughout the year. The eye test on this team will prevent silly seeding. This might be one of the first years where we really get a lot of benefit of the doubt. Maybe I'll be wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                This might be one of the first years where we really get a lot of benefit of the doubt. Maybe I'll be wrong.
                The first poll would seem to indicate very little benefit of the doubt.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                  Was anyone else surprised when Kellen came out with the managers? What happened to SMU? Just trying to save dad a few tuition shekels?

Reinforces my feeling that Gregg will retire a Shocker.
                  My understanding, and I don't know very much, but I do hear things, is that he went in August and was immediately regretting his decision. Within the first week or two, before classes ever began, he was already back in Wichita. What I heard was that it was very simple and he was just homesick. I can easily insert myself into his shoes and speculate that if I had just arrived on campus, that first week would be a pretty stark realization that you are going to miss an awful lot of WSU basketball and friendships associated with that. Players who are your close friends are all hanging out, lifting and practicing and you are officially out of the loop...and you barely know anyone now. You don't move away during a national title season when you have an inside track to be a part of it all. I think all of that probably hit him and he bailed almost immediately. I would have done the same.

Comment

• He was going to be a manager at SMU under Larry Brown. He might of heard the hammer was coming down.

I would have bailed too.

Comment

• I am happy that Kellen's happy to be a Shocker.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        There have been NBA scouts there for a week. They like what they see...and not just from Fred and Ron who they come to see.

Our practices are becoming mini-combines. Don't think for a nano-second that is a fact lost on any number of related persons.
                        Any word on who else the scouts are keeping an eye on? I could make some assumptions, but they would probably be wrong.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by MTXE31 View Post
                          Headline from last night: The Future is Here
                          The surprise of the night was just how creative and inspiring all the participants of the dunk contest were last night. Yes, I knew we were going to be improved with solid athletes, but what a dunk contest that was!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!

Thus, I agree we continue to have a bright future and the best is yet to come just keeps getting better. It was not like this for how long many moons ago? Dunno, but this Shocker turnip truck has been progressing in leaps and bounds forward and is going to be a great ride for us to behold. It is just around the bend now and we Shocker fans are excited for the right reasons. It is not pie in the sky, the sky is not falling, the sky is the limit, and the roof will understand the roars of the masses. As Charles Dickens might say, 'it was the best of times and it is the best of more times to follow.'
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Having NBA scouts in the building certainly ratchets up the level of effort in practice...even amongst the walk-ons. I say that not to make a smart ass comment about putting JR Simon and NBA in the same sentence. I remember in high school that our girls basketball team was pretty good in my later years. Our head coach (and my physics teacher) talked about a time when a small-college coach in to watch practice. She (the teacher/coach) noticed that even the girls at the end of the bench with no shot at playing after high school gave a little extra effort on that day because a college coach was watching.
                            78-65

Comment

• After the madness, where five key players sat, this is my thinking on rotation (which hasn't changed much):

Starters:
                              Fred
                              Ron
                              Evan
                              Anton
                              Bush

Five seniors start the game. It's experience, strength, and size. Good offense and defense. A little shy on athleticism.

Second Team:
                              Conner
                              Landry
                              Zach
                              Rashard
                              Shaq

Long and athletic. Strong shooting. Good defensive team. A little short in the front court. I would be neither surprised not disappointed if any one or more of my second five were instead in the starting line-up.

Deep Bench:

Markis - hard to keep him off the floor. A little thin and young to make an impact on this team.
                              Eric - probably a bigger, more athletic Tevin Glass this year. Nothing wrong with that for a freshman.
                              Rauno - great third string center.
                              Ty - he should red shirt. He's smallish, and has an extremely difficult position to learn. There are too many guys that are more skilled and capable of playing his position.
                              Last edited by wufan; October 23, 2015, 09:56 PM.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• What is this world you speak of where players as talented as Eric, Markis, Rauno and Tyrone are not good enough to be in the top ten.

Why it's Shocker World. Good times.

Comment

Working...
                                X