No announcement yet.

Shocker Madness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We've made the big-time we you can't get out of the parking lot after Shocker Madness.
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• I was a little disappointed not getting to see literally half of those expected to contribute a ton. Too bad they are injured.

On the other hand, I was impressed with how scrappy everyone played. The newcomers all looked very comfortable to me. Even Peyton Allen. He will be a handful.

I felt like several players started just jacking up jumpers after a while, but I'll say this to that... We had three missing centers. I wanted to see more inside play, but all we had were wings. Of course they were more prone to jack up shots. It's important to remember that.

Because Grady, Shaq, Bush Dubya, Brown AND Fred were missing, this scrimmage was more like guys just trying to do their best.

Comment

• Conners ball handling looked good in my opinion. He seems like a more than capable PG. But yeah he did disappear a little when Ron's D was placed on him. Although that's gong to be a trend for every other guy that happens to as well.

I heard a guy walking out of the arena talking about how at first Conner might need to be the beneficiary of Fred doing the dishes for him. Conner proved tonight he can straight up shoot the rock. He just needs an assist right now. Fred and Ron will be able to get him the ball wide open A LOT. Again, Fred wasn't playing...

Comment

• Nurger looked solid. If he's our worst center, I'll get started hanging the banner.

Comment

• One more thing. I remember dunk competitions including a lot more garbage in most years.

This year, just about everybody landed just about everything. You've got a guy landing a dunk from the free throw line. You've got Rashard landing a 360 windmill and NOT winning...
            I had to get my stopwatch and time Shamets are time while I waited for him to land his dunk. I was getting bored waiting for him to come back down. He's one of those guys who can float.
            Hamilton about darn near cleared wushock cleanly and he did clear that manager. Athleticism across the board is off the charts. And we say it's off the charts every year. What do you call it this year then?

Comment

• Did anybody see any of the recruits?

Comment

• My thoughts, not necessarily original to the thread, or of great worth:

Greg Heiar has really lost some ell bees. Good for him!

Shamet looks like an instant contributor. Really impressive!

Hamilton is a freaking beast. House of a man.

Frankamp looks comfortable at the point. Maybe that was well-known. Less so to me.

What's the story on FVV, Shaq and Bush Wam sitting out? I think I recall Bush Wam was nursing some stuff, but the other two were news to me.

Come to think of it, did Grady even play either?

Baker still a man amongst boys. Clear as day the most talented player on the floor tonight.

Hilariously bad shooting night, but oh well it was an inter-team scrimmage.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                  My thoughts, not necessarily original to the thread, or of great worth:

Greg Heiar has really lost some ell bees. Good for him!

Shamet looks like an instant contributor. Really impressive!

Hamilton is a freaking beast. House of a man.

Frankamp looks comfortable at the point. Maybe that was well-known. Less so to me.

What's the story on FVV, Shaq and Bush Wam sitting out? I think I recall Bush Wam was nursing some stuff, but the other two were news to me.

Come to think of it, did Grady even play either?

Baker still a man amongst boys. Clear as day the most talented player on the floor tonight.

I didn't see Zach Brown play either. So no FVV, Shaq, BW, Grady, or Zach Brown. That's a lot of primary contributors not playing.

Comment

• And the band played on. Some fancy smancy belly flopping dance moves I may try next time I hit the dance floor on the 11th of Never. Frankamp was hot as expected in the 3-point contest but was off in the short scrimmage. I am elated that Conner is a Shocker and he will get his fair chance to shine. Loved all of the impressive dunks from Kelly, Hamilton, McDuffie, Shamet, and Taylor, etc.

Baker was a steady hand as expected. I was encouraged with the play of Nurger. He looks stronger and was fighting for rebounds which 3G will like. So many good inside players did not play. In due time, I think we will be solid on the inside and positions 1,2,3 will be our best Shocker group here ever IMO.

We have improved overall shooters, scorers, athletes, and quality depth. Our beloved Shockers will be better than advertised. I hope we are a top rebounding team this Season. This will really pay dividends if so.
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Sorry for the quality or lack thereof. My first uploads on Youtube. Enjoy.

Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

• The last time I witnessed a free-throw line dunk here was Claudius Johnson one summer. This dunk by McDuffie had me at hello. I also liked how MM took the ball to the rack in the scrimmage.
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                          The last time I witnessed a free-throw line dunk here was Claudius Johnson one summer. This dunk by McDuffie had me at hello. I also liked how MM took the ball to the rack in the scrimmage.
                          How did Markis look in the scrimmage?
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• Haven't heard anything about Taylor either.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• It was quite physical out there tonight. Hands were allowed more than they will be in games. An inter-squad scrimmage like this is not conducive to offense. They can't run the offense, because they all know it, so they just free lance. They tried to pass the ball and play team basketball but when they can't run a play to get open, and when it is a little physical, the result will often be bad offense. This absolutely happened tonight. Without Grady, and Bush Wam playing ( did anyone see Shaq?), it is difficult to evaluate the play of the inside players but depth does not appear to be a problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                                Thanks for the update!

We sorta sound like our competition when we are forced to play ourselves, "Man, we just had an off shooting night".
                                Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Working...
                                X