Valley tournament discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valley tournament discussion

The tournament rages on without the Shocks.

MSU currently leads 22-11 after a 10-0 run. Bear senior Deven Mitchell is asserting himself - 10 points already with 6min to play in the 1st.

I hope Missouri State wins the whole shebang!

If for nor other reason than to make the dumping of Barry that much more uncomortable for the MSU powers.

Comment

I hate to cheer for anyone but WSU but you are right 72. Go bears.

Comment

Drake should make the Big Dance, especially if they can win at least 1 game in St. Louis. For the betterment of the Valley, I hope another team other than Drake wins the Valley Tourney. Ill. State, SIU, and Creighton could get hot at the right time and win this Tourney. I want 2 teams at least from the Valley in this year and Dancing.
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Missouri State rolls over Evansville 69-46.

At least the Shocks showed up in their game.

Comment

Go Birds!!!
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Drake is up by 17 with 6min to play.

Comment

Anyone else watching the game? Anyone see the noticibly different way this game was called than any game WSU played in? That block on Marshall is called a charge on WSU every time. Difference is it was Emmenecker, not Cooz or Gal.

Comment

The rout is on. DU up 22 with under 2min to play.

Comment

And how the heck does Tunnell go from scoring 18 against us to 0 against Drake? He only put up 2 shots in 19 minutes.

Ugghh

Comment

He didn't have JT guarding him.

Ok, that was mean, but their guards just decided they were better than the Drake guards and tried to do it themselves. Problem was, they weren't.

Comment

Tunnell is from Kansas, not Iowa. He's still pissed about having to spend four years in Terrible Haute.

Comment

Originally posted by ISASO
                          Tunnell is from Kansas, not Iowa. He's still pissed about having to spend four years in Terrible Haute.
                          Not only from Kansas, but from Coach Turgeon's home town.

Comment

Final Score: Drake 68 - Indiana State 46

That 8-9 play-in game may be the worst position to be in.

Very little recovery time from the night before and then you get the No. 1 seed.

I don't have a problem with the No. 1 seed being positioned favorably, but we need to make this play-in round business a thing of the past for a long, long time beginning next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
                              Anyone else watching the game? Anyone see the noticibly different way this game was called than any game WSU played in? That block on Marshall is called a charge on WSU every time. Difference is it was Emmenecker, not Cooz or Gal.

Yep, and Emmemmemmemmemmecker got away with an awful "dip the shoulder and bull charge" into the lane right before the 1st half ended.

As good a kid as he is, and as happy as I am to see Drake have some success, after 4 years I've had my fill of that crap.

I was annoyed enough with Funk getting away with it......

Comment

Working...
                              X