No announcement yet.

Valley tournament discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, is the reason Emmenemmenemmeneker had such a great season because he spent the summer the NFLP camp? (NFLP = Nate Funk Lane Penetration)

Comment

I have always thought that in making the charge/block call that not near enough emphasis is placed on which player actually initiates the contact.

The initiating player should be held even more accountable when he dips his shoulder or uses his forearm as he moves into the defender.

Same thing goes for play on the block. Some of these guys are allowed to just pound the defender back under the basketball with no consequences.

I would like to see it change from a "was the defender's feet set" criteria to a "who initiated the contact" standard. I think this would work better with the strength and athleticism of today's athletes.

Comment

I remember a tournament game when Paul Miller had the ball down low. He took three dribbles, shot, scored, and then went to the line for "and one". With each of the three dribbles, he banged in to the defender, who was simply trying to remain vertical and stationary. On the thrd dribble, Paul shot and scored. On each dribble, the contact was exactly the same. On the shot, on the final dribble, the whistle was blown. I thought at the time that this game has certainly changed in the last 40 years.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers
          I remember a tournament game when Paul Miller had the ball down low. He took three dribbles, shot, scored, and then went to the line for "and one". With each of the three dribbles, he banged in to the defender, who was simply trying to remain vertical and stationary. On the thrd dribble, Paul shot and scored. On each dribble, the contact was exactly the same. On the shot, on the final dribble, the whistle was blown. I thought at the time that this game has certainly changed in the last 40 years.
          If that is how they are going to call it, then that is how you have to play it.

I give Nate Funk and Adam M&Mnakeder credit. They figured out how to take advantage of the way officials call the charge/block and they made a living off of it.

Comment

What a bunch of (expletive) that is!

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
              You've been reading RoyalsCorner, haven't you? :D

In the CU-BU game, the BJs are living by the 3, having made 7 with under 8 min to go in the 1st half. They lead 28-16.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
                You've been reading RoyalsCorner, haven't you? :D

In the CU-BU game, the BJs are living by the 3, having made 7 with under 8 min to go in the 1st half. They lead 28-16.
                Yeah But I read the Page 2 article yesterday but for some reason the RC post made me feel like posting it.

:D

Comment

Hmmm, another rout in the works?

With 3:51 to play in the 1st, Creighton leads Bradley 36-18.

Comment

Bradley had cut the deficit down to 3, 62-65, with just over 5 minutes to go.

Comment

Final: #4 Cregighton 74 - #5 Bradley 70

CU vs Drake tomorrow at 1:30 PM

Comment

So if SIU beats UNI (down by 4, and horrible officiating all of 4 minutes in) we gets semi finals of the 1 2 3 and 4 seeds.

Yawn.

Comment

I hope some of you are watching this UNI vs SIU game so you can see that it isn't just bad when the shox are on the court.

Comment

I'm watching it.

I hope UNI gets the benefit of all the calls. SIU deserves nothing from the refs after they've been protected for the last several years.

Go Panthers.
                            Go to hell refs.
                            Boo Salukis.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

12 UNI
                              SIU 10
                              7:11 to go

SIU games are so hard to watch

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood
                                12 UNI
                                SIU 10
                                7:11 to go

SIU games are so hard to watch

Like Nails On A Chalkboard:
                                Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X