X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zardoz
    Originally posted by ShockerFever
    Gal played great tonight.

Is rip here to give me some of his stats from tonight?
    I know that you don't care for Gal, but now is not the time for this.
    You're probably right.

A moment of silence for Gal and his last game as a Shocker.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Hill Sitter
      26 for 31 from the line for ISU
      84%. Has some stat geek somewhere ever tracked 'opponent FT percentage'? Ours would be incredible this year.
      The overall team stats on GoShockers.com will have that number.

Season FT% before tonight:

WSU - 67.6%
      Opponents - 71.1%

Comment

Originally posted by Zardoz
        Gal played great tonight.

Is rip here to give me some of his stats from tonight?
        I know that you don't care for Gal, but now is not the time for this.
        You're probably right.

A moment of silence for Gal and his last game as a Shocker.
        Good riddance. Here's to 5 less turnovers/bad shots per game!!
        Who was the 1st man to lead the country in rebounding and points in the same season? Oh ya. Me!!

Comment

Aaron Ellis line: 7-9 FG (2-2 on 3Pt FG), 3-6 FT, 9 Rbds, 1 Assist, 0 Turnovers in 36 minutes of play.

The 0 turnovers in 36 minutes is pretty impressive in and of itself.

Only minor chink was the 50% FT shooting.

JT was 3-3 FG and 2-2 FT in 10 minutes for 8 points. If only he can get things figured out on the defensive end and how to stay out of foul trouble.

Comment

so saying "foul" gets you a T?
            Spinning on your knee gets you kicked out?

Comment

We are all very glad MB ended his career healthy. I'm glad he got a chance to come back and play since that is what he wanted.

All the seniors showed a lot of class, heart, humility, and generosity in their final interviews. Thanks for the memories and best of luck for the future!

:clap:
              Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood
                Spinning on your knee gets you kicked out?
                HCGM failed to mention that at the time he was spinning he had the refs head pinned to the floor with his knee! :D

It does sound like the stripes were gunning for HCGM for some reason. Maybe they are just misreading his intensity on the sideline.

Comment

Kennedy said Aaron had 10 rebounds. That's a double-double. Ramon was typical Ramon--hard working and relentless.

I have to say I was very pleasantly suprised by Aaron Ellis. I truly hope this was a real momentum builder for his off-season work. If he can bulk up and continue to work on his game, we're going to see a special player in the next few years!

JT--still don't know quite what to think about him. I want to like him, but that defense just seems to be stagnant for him.

Gal--I still am grateful for the hard work he put in when Matt was out. He made solid improvments in his play at the point. It just seemed that when Matt came back he was kind of in 'limbo' and didn't have a solid place to fit in. No matter what he decides, I wish him the very best of luck, whether it be in a Shocker uniform or elsewhere.

Thanks again Matt, Lance, Phil and PJ. We will always be grateful, and I hope to see Matt on the Shocker sidelines sooner rather than later.

It'll be a long offseason, but I think it's safe to say, there will be a bunch of anticipation going into next season. We have a great coach who will get us where we want to be.

Comment

I thought Aaron had a double-double also, but the Box Score shows 9 rebounds.

I suspect the last rebound he ran down in a scramble was officially scored as a team rebound.

Still, an outstanding effort for the young man and, hopefully, a real confidence builder for the young man going into the off-season and for next year.

Comment

I find it interesting when Marshall says he was told not to referee and received a technical for saying "foul".

How many times do you see a coach make a travelling call with his arms on the sidelines but never gets T'd up for it? How many times can you read their lips "where's the foul?"

Mike Sanzere needs to be reprimanded harshly by the head Valley official, whoever that is. Then, he should never, ever be asked to ref an MVC team.

Comment

Perhaps the most positive result of tonight's game, next to Aaron's performance, is that the Coaching staff can now pretty much dedicate all of their efforts to recruiting.

Comment

After watching the clip of Tunnell's and1 against JT, that's crap. Tunnell initiates the contact and JT is straight up.
                          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                          -John Wooden

Comment

The curtains close for another Season. 11-20. We lost around 11 of the 20 by a close margain. It was just one of those years. To bad it was not televised. I am eager to hear from or Shocker-Netters that witnessed the game in person and get their spin. A special thanks to our 4 Seniors and I wish them all the best from this moment on and appreciated their hard work and efforts. Now HCGM will get an early start on signing a few more recruits to help us to win 17-22 games next Season.
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

or the fact that the ref initiated contact on coach

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle
                                After watching the clip of Tunnell's and1 against JT, that's crap. Tunnell initiates the contact and JT is straight up.
                                Referees are so screwy it's not even funny.

Next year, I'd really like to see an emphasis made on what exactly is a foul and what isn't. I dunno how many times I've seen over the years - Shocker games and not - a player being called for a foul for being straight up in the air, hands up and centered, while the offensive player initiates the contact. It's such bullsh*t. How else can you better play defense? If refs called that kinda contact every time, it'd be impossible to stop and could happen every freakin time down the floor.

It's so annoying. Not just cuz it mostly went against the Shock's tonight, but just in general..
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X