No announcement yet.

WSU vs. InSU - Post game discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does "Big time refs equate to small time intellect"?
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• First, there were a lot of good officials in the Lou this weekend. I watched the games Thursday and Friday and really can't complain about any other than Sanzere, Collins and Pollard. And not just during our game. Collins worked with two others on Friday and still sucked. Sanzere and Pollard worked the UNI/SIU game with Jansen and were well below average as well. I felt sorry for Jansen being stuck with those two as there's only so much you can do with crap partners. The Valley has done a good job the past couple of years bringing in better officials. That doesn't mean everyone they hire is good. And sometimes good officials have bad games as well.

But Marshall and the Shox got a raw deal on Thursday. I talked to a number of fans from SIU/UNI/DU/IlSU/BU/CU/MSU and they thought we were screwed over and that the officiating in that game was atrocious. Too bad the next game had a good crew. I believe it was Higgins/Jansen and I forget the third at the moment. Considering UE never had a chance they probably could have used the poor crew we had to try and keep it respectable. Also, Marshall's antics were no worse, and actually not near as bad, as some of the other coaches. I don't think Pollard wanted to listen to anyone because as soon as Lowrey tried to talk to him in the first half of that game he immediately gave him the stop sign.

Personally, I hope Bain and Elgin get together and evaluate all the officials and come to the conclusion that those three have no business in the Valley. Some of the other fans I'd talked to said they'd had problems with Sanzere and Collins in the past as well.

Sanzere, Collins and Pollard
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Three years ago the Valley stepped up and paid to get the top officials. Perhaps the other conferences followed suit and it is time to step up again. The Valley has had one of the highest attended post season tournaments for years. I would think that the money is there to do it. They might need to cut back on some of the office furniture in the new conference offices for awhile. ;-)

Comment

Working...
        X