Summer Ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
    Thanks for the info! Great to hear Markis is practicing for the wing position. He should be a great back-up for Zach in the near future. Also glad to hear Eric is playing with skill. He looks like a bad, bad boy! Any other information you'd like to share is appreciated!
    Zach who?

Comment

• Originally posted by MTXE31 View Post
      Zach who?
      Zach Brown. I was thinking that Zach and Markis would make an exceptional tandem at the SF.

If Conner can play D, he and Landry will be deadly from the perimeter. Ty Taylor, CJ Keyser, and Peyton Allen make an exceptionally deep backcourt.

As of today, the front court is shaping up with Kelly, Morris, Hamilton, and Nurger. If McDuffie plays on the wing, we're going to need another couple of big bodies to develop and add depth in case of injury.
      Livin the dream

Comment

Zach Brown. I was thinking that Zach and Markis would make an exceptional tandem at the SF.

If Conner can play D, he and Landry will be deadly from the perimeter. Ty Taylor, CJ Keyser, and Peyton Allen make an exceptionally deep backcourt.

As of today, the front court is shaping up with Kelly, Morris, Hamilton, and Nurger. If McDuffie plays on the wing, we're going to need another couple of big bodies to develop and add depth in case of injury.
        Oh right, I forgot about Brown for a second. I thought you were talking about Zach Bush lol... I agree with you on what you said but I think that McDuffie will end up starting at the 4 some or most of the time like Early did. They could even get to be so deep that "starter" will just mean the person who starts the game and Marshall will just play whoever until they're tired and need to come out

Comment

• Originally posted by MTXE31 View Post
          Oh right, I forgot about Brown for a second. I thought you were talking about Zach Bush lol... I agree with you on what you said but I think that McDuffie will end up starting at the 4 some or most of the time like Early did. They could even get to be so deep that "starter" will just mean the person who starts the game and Marshall will just play whoever until they're tired and need to come out
          Wouldn't be surprised to see McDuff the prime Dog played a lot of 4. The above report was the first I had seen with him playing with the guards. It also wouldn't surprise me to see him splitting time as the 3rd big and 4th guard once he learns the offense.
          Livin the dream

Comment

Don't forget about Grady. Again this is only from one hour of watching practice, but I could see him, Hamilton and Kelly (in that order) playing PF alongside Shaq, Bush and Rauno at center.

One thing I will add is that Taylor definitely looked like a freshman and had a bit of a deer in the headlights look to him, which was about 180 degrees from how Landry looked. Landry fit right in with Ron and Fred. That said, I think he's a two guard and we may still see Ron backing up Fred at the point until Connor is available.

Lastly, as to Hamilton's intensity, he ended every drill with a vicious dunk that threatened to tear down the rim.

Comment

• Originally posted by WUs Your Daddy View Post
              Don't forget about Grady. Again this is only from one hour of watching practice, but I could see him, Hamilton and Kelly (in that order) playing PF alongside Shaq, Bush and Rauno at center.

One thing I will add is that Taylor definitely looked like a freshman and had a bit of a deer in the headlights look to him, which was about 180 degrees from how Landry looked. Landry fit right in with Ron and Fred. That said, I think he's a two guard and we may still see Ron backing up Fred at the point until Connor is available.

Lastly, as to Hamilton's intensity, he ended every drill with a vicious dunk that threatened to tear down the rim.
              Of course! I was jumping ahead a year to when Fred/Ron/Evan/Anton/Bush were all gone.

Any chance Eric can play center? If not this year then next?
              Livin the dream

Comment

• I am loving everything I've heard about Eric - season can't get here soon enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                  I am loving everything I've heard about Eric - season can't get here soon enough.
                  Im loving everything about all the guys! There's not a single one of the 18 (that's right! 18 players on the roster) players on the roster that I am not totally stoked to see!

Think about this MVC:

The shockers have been to four straight NCAAs with an undefeated season, sweet 16 (including wins over Indiana and Kansas), and final four. The year before that? NIT championship! WSU is averaging over 30 wins per season over the last 5 years, including three straight!

Well what about this year? In the senior class we return two All-Americans, a hometown hero glue guy, a 7-footer, and a first team All-Horizon selection joined the fray. The junior class has two high character guys that have skipped on scholarships to be part of something special. As sophomores we have a 4* and three 3* players that are patrolling the paint and hitting bombs as All-Valley selections in waiting. As an added bonus, a top 40 player is paying his own way for the second year in a row. A 3* transfer that started at A&M as a freshman has also decided to go off scholarship while he red-shirts and the freshman class is stacked with 3 and 4 star recruits and a 6-9 local walk-on.

There is no doubt that our five walk-ons could contribute at any MVC school, and a couple would be starting. The MVC is going to get roughed up in a bad way!
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• EH sounds like Larry Callis motor with twice as much skill.
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• I'm not saying it will translate to equivalent on-the-court success, but he kind of reminded me of X with two more inches on him.

Comment

• Originally posted by WUs Your Daddy View Post
                        I'm not saying it will translate to equivalent on-the-court success, but he kind of reminded me of X with two more inches on him.
                        Easy......

Sometimes we're starting to sound like Alabama/Oklahoma/OhioState/Texas/NotreDame football fans with our projections of incoming unproven talent.

On occasion.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          Easy......

Sometimes we're starting to sound like Alabama/Oklahoma/OhioState/Texas/NotreDame football fans with our projections of incoming unproven talent.

On occasion.
                          The difference is that We are humble.:) And love those not so fortunate?

Comment

Easy......

On occasion.

I think I qualified my comments pretty clearly. I am in no way saying his play is/or will be X-like, just that his stature and demeanor seems to be.
                            Last edited by WUs Your Daddy; September 21, 2015, 03:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                              The difference is that We are humble.:) And love those not so fortunate?
                              I don't love Creighton.

Comment

Easy......

On occasion.

Perhaps more than occasionally, Doc. Also, you forgot LSU, whose fans this year are probably going to be doing it about Ben Simmons for the Tiger hoopsters as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X