Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
    You've uncovered the Calipari Model for success
    In all fairness to Cal, it seems like his guys typically finish out the spring semester well.

Calipari correctly touts his perfect graduation rate of eligible seniors. Detractors are incensed.

(Warning, BBN bias in link)

Now, whether or not that GPA was achieved "legally" is a different story, but it seems that they finish out the spring semester.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
      As I remember Cle was projected to be a late first rounder and fell quite a bit despite
      having a great season and post season. If RB were to fall very far at all it could be
      completely out of the second round. I selfishly hope he stays cause I enjoy watching
      him so much and, of course, our chances for a deep run improve with him. I just
      wonder how much he has considered the possibility of not even making it in the 2nd
      round.
      I am also concerned Ron may fall victim the same way Cle did. There was talk around and after the draft that Cle's age, and therefore ceiling for potential, were working against him. "Experts" felt they knew what they were getting from Cle and his "potential" for improvement wasn't very high compared to younger players. But, even though I think Cle had a better college game than Ron, I feel Cle's a bit of a tweener in the NBA without the handles to really play the 3. I think Ron's skills translate better to the pro game, and again, think he will jump now and not risk "being too old" at 23. Who was the last 5th year senior to be drafted in the 1st round?

Comment

Once Ron gives us some clarity, we will probably also learn about any other clarifying things by week's end. This should be an entertaining week, right?

Comment

Bruce announced that unofficially he is hearing Ron baker will return

Comment

Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
            So why didn't he just make a post on a message board like the rest of us?

This is not reporting.

Comment

Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
              I am announcing that unofficially I am hearing rumors that Ron is leaning toward Wendy's for lunch today, but he may go with Barn'rds.
              β€œLet your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
              -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Originally posted by kochHead View Post
                I am announcing that unofficially I am hearing rumors that Ron is leaning toward Wendy's for lunch today, but he may go with Barn'rds.
                Barn'rds. You won't regret it. It's definitely more expensive, but it is oh so delicious.

ProTip: Always substitute a malt for the drink.

Comment

Breaking: Ron Baker to the draft....

...table, because he wants to take up architecture.

Comment

We are about to lose this thread. That's when I really come alive on ShockerNet. :)

Comment

Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
                      Who was the last 5th year senior to be drafted in the 1st round?
                      Last year alone, Adreian Payne was 23 and drafted in the first round. C.J. Wilcox was also 23 and drafted in the first round and he was a 5th year senior.

Comment

I think Ron's draft position, likely 2nd round, is pretty close to what it will be next year. So, does he want to go ahead and start making money in 2015 or would he rather play another year at CKA and defer said money until 2016? The only real risk, IMO, is the potential for injury.
                        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                          Last year alone, Adreian Payne was also 23 and drafted in the first round. C.J. Wilcox was also 23 and drafted in the first round and he was a 5th year senior.
                          So 1 player in the entire 1st round... It does happen, but not often. My point is that the odds are of is stock decreasing rather than increasing. Also that by being older, teams will be more likely to take a chance on a young guy with potential. Ron will be 4 years older and most of his potential will be known by that point. All that said, hopefully he's staying!

Comment

I really don't know which way he'll go; I could make a case for either. But, I don't see him as a first rounder (guaranteed contract) either this year or next. So, I think it'll depend on whether he wants to take his chances now or bask in the glory of a Sr. year in college. Interesting....

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                              We are about to lose this thread. That's when I really come alive on ShockerNet. :)
                              Aren't all the fantasy baseball drafts over with?

Comment

BREAKING NEWS:

After much deliberation, Ron is going to Barn'rds!! He is ordering the Barnstormer and he will substitute the drink with a shake!!
                                β€œLet your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                                -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Working...
                                X