Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he goes and makes his cash while he is a hot name in basketball

Comment

Apparently, some Shocker fans in the other thread think not only will he stay at WSU, but he will give up his scholarship and pay his own tuition in order to free up a scholly. I'm 60-40 that he leaves to go pro, but if he does come back, I'm 100% certain he'll be on full scholarship.

Comment

Ron may not even get drafted. Those thinking he leaves early must think he's taking a chance on the free agent market. He could play pro ball this year or next but the same is true with a lot of guys.

Comment

It is all whether or not he believes he can improve his draft stock. I would think he can. But I don't know much about it, obviously. We haven't had this issue before.

You would think an improved shooting percentage, ball handling, ect. could get him more money. He certainly was better at driving to the hoop this year vs. last year. That being said, what if he gets hurt? What if he has a worse senior year? His stock is decently high now and he has a degree.

I wouldn't blame him if he goes. But I still say the lack of a press conference would make me think he stays. Would seem odd not to express thanks, ect. in front of cameras if he was going.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
            Apparently, some Shocker fans in the other thread think not only will he stay at WSU, but he will give up his scholarship and pay his own tuition in order to free up a scholly. I'm 60-40 that he leaves to go pro, but if he does come back, I'm 100% certain he'll be on full scholarship.
            Pretty sure that's just wishfull thinking by a few folks.
            Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
              Uh no. That would be the one decision that would not make a lick of sense.

Completely good with Ron going pro. Ever more cool with him staying. Either of those and he's still walks out with a legacy. He transfers and all of that goes out the window.
              Just covering all the possibilities. No one has said it or wants to believe he would transfer to another school that would offer a scholarship to get his Masters degree. I do know that he is sick of school and would like to move on. The fact that it isn't a press conference makes think he isn't going to the NBA, but doesn't mean he's staying either.

Comment

Originally posted by lemuel777 View Post
                Just covering all the possibilities. No one has said it or wants to believe he would transfer to another school that would offer a scholarship to get his Masters degree. I do know that he is sick of school and would like to move on. The fact that it isn't a press conference makes think he isn't going to the NBA, but doesn't mean he's staying either.
                You say for a fact that he is sick of school and wants to move on yet you make the comment that "he is transferring to another school."

I'm assuming you were trying to make a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Turd Furgeson View Post
                  Your comments about the prospects of increasing his draft prospects being slim are not factually accurate from a historical standpoint. otherwise know as talking out of your a$$!
                  Actually I think he gave a pretty fair assessment. He was a borderline 1st round pick going into the season, now he's dropped to a 2nd round if he's lucky. He's getting old and the NBA isn't going to see as much potential upside to a guy who has been in college for 5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose View Post
                    Actually I think he gave a pretty fair assessment. He was a borderline 1st round pick going into the season, now he's dropped to a 2nd round if he's lucky. He's getting old and the NBA isn't going to see as much potential upside to a guy who has been in college for 5 years.
                    I don' t think that is true at all. I mean he could easily have a poor season and drop off the map. But it is every bit as possible that he solidifies himself as a 1st rounder with a better senior season. There is room for improvement, no question. Whether or not that is worth the risk, is his choice. However, the idea that there is no upside because he has been in college for 5 year is BS. He could make himself look better with a good senior year. Especially if WSU is good next year and there is even more national exposure.

Comment

If Ron is indeed sick of school, it's a good thing he's graduating in May. If he returns he could take 2 master's classes in the fall and blow off spring classes. That would allow him a lot of extra time to dedicate to basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        If Ron is indeed sick of school, it's a good thing he's graduating in May. If he returns he could take 2 master's classes in the fall and blow off spring classes. That would allow him a lot of extra time to dedicate to basketball.
                        You've uncovered the Calipari Model for success

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                          You've uncovered the Calipari Model for success
                          It would be interesting to see how many of those guys would actually be eligible in the fall if they came back.

Comment

As I remember Cle was projected to be a late first rounder and fell quite a bit despite
                            having a great season and post season. If RB were to fall very far at all it could be
                            completely out of the second round. I selfishly hope he stays cause I enjoy watching
                            him so much and, of course, our chances for a deep run improve with him. I just
                            wonder how much he has considered the possibility of not even making it in the 2nd
                            round.

Comment

Originally posted by lemuel777 View Post
                              The only way Ron increases his NBA stock while playing college BB is if he dominated in almost every game and the team made it to the NCAA Finals because of him. I do think that would put him in 1st Round. But the chances of that happening are low but not impossible.
                              The chances of him doing that get better if we develop a solid inside game this off season. Fred and Ron can look even better than they already do if you give them a top notch Forward and Center. Those two guys, along with Tekele, carried us to 30-5 in a year that was more "down" than we were allowed to realize. If you put a Center out there that can draw any attention whatsoever, Ron all the sudden become dominant and Fred's A:TO goes to 5:1...

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                                Ron may not even get drafted. Those thinking he leaves early must think he's taking a chance on the free agent market. He could play pro ball this year or next but the same is true with a lot of guys.
                                What a letdown for him if he leaves and doesn't get drafted. This is why he stays snd tries to win a Natl. Championship.

Comment

Working...
                                X