Corey Henderson Transferring???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
    I still think Tevin to ETSU is a slam dunk unless HCGMv3.3 really wants him back in particular...or if Tevin wants to be here so bad he will walk on.

Or if Forbes secretly doesn't actually like him after all, but that makes no sense if he went to the trouble to bring him to WSU in the first place.

I won't mention any names, but Tevin Glass going to ETSU isn't even the kind of thing you would "feel bad for him" about. That's just a great idea unless 3G3.3 is holding onto him in particular. He would tear it up over there, and if I'm Forbes, I want a known quantity going with me.
    I wouldn't say it's a slam dunk. That would be two years of scholarship for a one-year player. A new coach isn't likely to want to do that unless he's having trouble filling out his roster.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      Not great at all in my opinion. I think that is an insult to Ron. He has more than earned that 4th year scholarship. if he wants it. I would much rather tell one of the other bottom of the roster guys to move on. IMO, that would be a sure way for Ron to decide to go play pro-ball somewhere.
      100% agree.
      Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
        This past autumn we were out on my father-in-law's sport court and my nephew asked me to dunk. At 5'10 and 44 years old I didn't know if I could still do it. I can but I pulled my right glue and was quite a laugh for the family for about 15 minutes afterward. Well, I had run a 50k earlier in the day so maybe I should try it again sometime...

Note: I have always had to have a running a start to dunk so I made/make the NBA look like poster children for playing within the rules. The ego takes time to fade. A legend in my own mind.
        For laughs. I know exactly what you mean DuShock. I’m 5-8, 143 lbs, and in excellent shape for an old guy who will be 77 in two months.

My two grand daughers (8 and 6 ) are visiting this week during spring break and they wanted to shoot some baskets. Missed both the rim and backboard on my first two shots but did manage to later sink 7/10 Fts.

And then I had to come up with the brilliant idea of seeing how close to dunking the ball I could get. Never could even in my prime, but I used to (OK, it was more that a half century ago, could lay it in. So I took a long run (7 feet) and gave my best leap in decades. My oldest grand daughter (who had to walk home) said, “Great job, Papa, you came within 3 ½ inches.”

“3 ½ inches of the rim?” I gasped.

“No, Papa,” she answered, “3 ½ inches off the ground.”

Comment

Originally posted by kochHead View Post
          question is...who's next?
          I have a feeling that this was Corey's decision. He would not have been the first player to be asked to leave if anyone was in fact asked to leave.
          Last edited by shockmonster; April 10, 2015, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
            I have a feeling that this was Corey's decision. He would not have been the first player to be asked to leave if anyone was asked in fact asked to leave.
            Could be he saw a lack of playing time with three new guards for next year.
            In the fast lane

Comment

Baker is NOT gonna pay his own way. Get serious.

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                Could be he saw a lack of playing time with three new guards for next year.
                I think that makes the most sense.
                Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Having in state kids give up scholarships, especially ones that have won 90+ games sets about as bad a precedent as possible. That's something that shouldn't even be considered.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                    Baker is NOT gonna pay his own way. Get serious.
                    Scott City has crowd funded Ron's parents' travel expenses so that they can watch Ron play in the NCAA tournament, and there's posters on SN expecting Ron to pay his own way in college? That is crazy.
                    ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

I don't know why we keep talking about it. Ron's earned his scholarship, times 1000. And it doesn't matter anyway because he can't walk on. He counts now.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        Ron's earned his scholarship, times 1000. And it doesn't matter anyway because he can't walk on. He counts now.
                        This gets brought up a lot, but it's not true. Bylaw 15.5 of the NCAA discusses who counts. In the hypothetical people are presenting, he would count if we awarded him a non-athletic scholarship and he continued to play on the team since he was recruited by us. If he is not awarded other financial aid, he does not count toward the limit.

I agree with everyone saying he isn't going to walk-on. It is an option, though, according to the NCAA rules. Doug did it at Creighton.

Comment

I don't think anyone thinks Ron would be "asked" to walk on. That would have to be something he would suggest on his own - "hey, if we have a chance to get this player, I can pay my own way. After all, I only have to take a minimum amount of credit hours to be eligible." Now, is that going to happen? Not likely, but who knows?

Comment

Ron and Evan aren't paying their own way next year. Some on this board are acting like we need to free up scholarships to get enough quality talent to compete. We will have 13 quality players to compete for 200 minutes each game. That's a challenge in itself to make players happy. But let's throw in another 2 players (now 15) to ***** and moan about playing time. Can you imagine how chemistry might be less than optimal in that situation. Imagine how much max exodus will happen after that experience.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                              Ron and Evan aren't paying their own way next year. Some on this board are acting like we need to free up scholarships to get enough quality talent to compete. We will have 13 quality players to compete for 200 minutes each game. That's a challenge in itself to make players happy. But let's throw in another 2 players (now 15) to ***** and moan about playing time. Can you imagine how chemistry might be less than optimal in that situation. Imagine how much max exodus will happen after that experience.
                              No worries. People are merely suggesting that two starters give up $7K (which is $7K more than they earn in a year) so that the 15th and 16th best players are able to stick around for free. Makes sense to me and exactly how I would run my department for maximum success.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

nm
                                ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Working...
                                X