Corey Henderson Transferring???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kochHead View Post
    To be fair, he said flashes. When I play at the Y I have flashes of Barles Charkley. They are very infrequent and short flashes.
    This past autumn we were out on my father-in-law's sport court and my nephew asked me to dunk. At 5'10 and 44 years old I didn't know if I could still do it. I can but I pulled my right glue and was quite a laugh for the family for about 15 minutes afterward. Well, I had run a 50k earlier in the day so maybe I should try it again sometime...

Note: I have always had to have a running a start to dunk so I made/make the NBA look like poster children for playing within the rules. The ego takes time to fade. A legend in my own mind.
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
      This past autumn we were out on my father-in-law's sport court and my nephew asked me to dunk. At 5'10 and 44 years old I didn't know if I could still do it. I can but I pulled my right glue and was quite a laugh for the family for about 15 minutes afterward. Well, I had run a 50k earlier in the day so maybe I should try it again sometime...

Note: I have always had to have a running a start to dunk so I made/make the NBA look like poster children for playing within the rules. The ego takes time to fade. A legend in my own mind.
      Pretty damn impressive, DU.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
        His game always had flashes of Derrick rose... Dribble drive... Athletic player.. Lots of upside... But never got his shots in and defense was reserved...
        And I just have flashes.......hot flashes.........

Seriously, I hope this is not true, but if it is, it does not surprise me. We have one guard leaving (but Evan will take his position) and three coming in. What I saw of him this year would make me believe that he would be even further towards the end of the bench, as I know Frankamp has already established himself as a better player, believe that Shamet will be a better player day 1, and Taylor theoretically should be nearly as good.

So unfortunate the numbers didn't fall the right way for him, but I wish him the best of luck wherever he ends up.

Comment

I figured any but the 9 he played in the tournament might go. Not going to be surprised by any of those others leaving.
          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

To be fair, he said flashes. When I play at the Y I have flashes of Barles Charkley. They are very infrequent and short flashes.
            Meaning the floor bows when you land?

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post

You should have known better. A 50K is 31 miles. Your legs need to get rid of the lactic acid that builds up in your tissues. That would probably take a massage and a day of rest.

I finished the MS-150 second leg (LaGrange to Austin) two years in a row in my early 50's and was back at the Hops House on Highway 6 in Houston drinking beer by 3 p.m (90+ miles of hills). But I would have never tried to dunk a basketball after I was finished. Dunk a beer, maybe, but never a basketball. One of those years I was the first to the tent in LaGrange on the first day. We had a small team (35 or so) but we had a few very serious riders.

Comment

NM

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                  I figured any but the 9 he played in the tournament might go. Not going to be surprised by any of those others leaving.
                  Agreed, though I hold out hope for Rauno.

There have been many years where Corey would have been our best player.
                  Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

I think we sometimes, myself included, jump to conclusions that the player was asked to leave. Sometimes the player decides for themselves that a system, program or school is just not the right fit. Wish him well in any case.

Comment

We now have it confirmed by media reports.

@KWCHDani: freshman guard Corey Henderson Jr. to leave Wichita State http://t.co/5eOe4fQHha
                      ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

As other have said. I saw flashes of great with him. He just never really "took off". With hopefully Fred and Ron returning, then adding Conner, Landry, and Tyrone, there will be a log jam for time up top. He will be great somewhere else.

I guess this leaves it down to 1 Over (assuming that Conner Walks on). So could very well have someone redshirt or pay their way to fix that. Not sure who though.

On that note: How great would an announcement be from Ron that he is coming back ... AND paying his own way as a Walk On :)

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                          Agreed, though I hold out hope for Rauno.

There have been many years where Corey would have been our best player.
                          Corey as a freshman? That might be a stretch. Best guard or in the starting 5, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                            You should have known better. A 50K is 31 miles. Your legs need to get rid of the lactic acid that builds up in your tissues. That would probably take a massage and a day of rest.

I finished the MS-150 second leg (LaGrange to Austin) two years in a row in my early 50's and was back at the Hops House on Highway 6 in Houston drinking beer by 3 p.m (90+ miles of hills). But I would have never tried to dunk a basketball after I was finished. Dunk a beer, maybe, but never a basketball. One of those years I was the first to the tent in LaGrange on the first day. We had a small team (35 or so) but we had a few very serious riders.
                            You are right. I guess I didn't really think about it since I was running 75-80 miles per week at the time and was between 100 mile runs (I don't call them races I am a middle of the pack runner). Stupid is as stupid does.

Comment

@KungWu Not so much, I pulled my ass muscle! I won't be attempting any such shenanigans like that again. Ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                                We now have it confirmed by media reports.

@KWCHDani: freshman guard Corey Henderson Jr. to leave Wichita State http://t.co/5eOe4fQHha
                                Best of luck to Corey. I'm sure you'll do well. Always a Shocker, Corey.

Comment

Working...
                                X