Hinson out at Missouri State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hinson out at Missouri State

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/7871718/Sources:-Hinson-won't-be-back-next-year

Doesn't Stinson play for Indiana State?

Does this mean he won't be in uniform on Thursday?

:yahoo:

:whistle:

Comment

OOOPS!! Fixed. Just finished reading article about ISU's comeback against WSU, and I guess I still had Stinson on the brain. :oops:

Comment

Re: Hinson out at Missouri State

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
        http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/7871718/Sources:-Hinson-won't-be-back-next-year
        Let's hire him to take over the women's basketball team.

Comment

this is not news. everyone who follows college hoops saw this coming.
          ________
          Marijuana News
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

Most sought after? You get shafted by the NCAA two years in a row, finish the season with a great rpi and the third best record in the conference over 8 years behind only Creighton and SIU, whose coaches are making nearly a mil a year while you collect a paycheck in the 200 K range if I read correctly and you still get canned a year before they open the Taj Mahal of Springfield? BS...I wouldn't want that job unless I was Steve Eck.

Moe Bandy and Roy Clark might take the job if it doesn't conflict with their Fall shows.

I feel sorry for Hinson but he'll wind up somewhere.

Comment

Barry's problem is that he was a good coach, just not that great of a recruiter. Some coach will come in there and pull them back to where Alford had them, maybe as high as Marshall pulls up WSU.

I hate to say it, especially with most people on here's opinion of him, but I think this would be the school that would take a chance on Sampson. What do they have to lose? Mike Davis goes to UAB and lands Cousins, why couldn't Sampson, who took Gordon from Illinois, bring in some big time talent?

Time will tell....

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
                Barry's problem is that he was a good coach, just not that great of a recruiter. Some coach will come in there and pull them back to where Alford had them, maybe as high as Marshall pulls up WSU.

I hate to say it, especially with most people on here's opinion of him, but I think this would be the school that would take a chance on Sampson. What do they have to lose? Mike Davis goes to UAB and lands Cousins, why couldn't Sampson, who took Gordon from Illinois, bring in some big time talent?

Time will tell....
                You will see Sampson on TV, but not as a coach... he's too radioactive for any significant program to touch him for several years....
                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

In Missouri State's Dream that Sampson would go there. Hinson was about as good as a coach as they are going to get.

Comment

Several programs are trying to get him, including Detroit. I imagine several schools will try to land him, and Mr. Hammons will make sure they have the funds to do it, plus has made sure they have the facilities.

Comment

They'd be stupid to go after Sampson. I see reports of Detroit going after him and that still surprises me. But if any school were to go after him I'd expect it to be from a weak one bid type conference that feels it has nothing to lose.

IF MSU will pony up and pay 500k plus they can land themselves a decent assistant and/or up and comer who would see coaching in the Valley as a great opportunity. But they're going to have to pay much more than they were giving Barry. MSU got a lot more than they paid for with him. I like Barry and he'll end up somewhere. But next time he needs to find a recruiter to put on his staff.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Being as close as a Shocker fan would ever want to be to Barry's situation (I live in Springfield basically) Barry is getting the raw end of the deal.

Barry is not popular with most boosters

There have been alot of good (not great) D-1 calibur recruits in SW Missouri over the past 5 -6 years. Barry was expected to recruit those kids to MSU. With the exception of Tolliver (CU) and Hill (Arkansas) he landed most of them and that's the players he has relied upon for the past few seasons. They won alot of games and got passed over by the selection commitee but failed to make any noise in the NIT. Here's the problem:

If he didn't recruit the local kids, he would have been in trouble but since he did recruit them and didn't win, he's in trouble. The kids aren't good enough to win at a high level but he had to land them and play them anyway. If he had landed Tolliver, it may have been a different story. Hope that made sense.

If he had won a few more games with them and made the NCAA, he was still not popular with the boosters. There are just alot of people here who don't like him. After watching his teams for the past couple of years, I think he is a pretty good coach.

The only name I've heard mentioned that is "big time" is Bobby Knight. He has connections with the O'reillys (the auto parts people). MSU would have to pay alot more $$$. Hinson's base is a measley $133K. I'm pretty sure that at that salary Barry lives in a van down by the river.

:goshocks:

Comment

133K? What a rip off. What was the universitys cost per win last year?

Comment

If we can't win the tournament this year, I want Barry to win it and win a game in the NCAA's..

That would make things quite interesting in Springfield.. :lol:
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I've heard Eddie Sutton's name mentioned more than once for the Missouri State job on OKC sports talk radio stations.

I'm not positive if there is anything to this or not, but it would interesting.

Comment

Working...
                              X