Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think they prefer cold Spam over BBQ.

Comment

I'm listening to talk radio here and some of the names that are popping up are crazy:

Steve Lavin
      Mike Montgomery
      Tom Crean (?)
      Xaivier's Coach
      Mark Few

Although I see this as a good mid level program, I don't see MSU attracting a big name coach. They are going to take a risk on an up and comer and definitley raise the pay bar.

:wsu_posters:

Comment

I was thinking maybe we had better make a thread just for 'all' coaches that get fired this season or will be switching jobs. It would generate lots of discussion.

Comment

I think you guys are crazy if you can't understand why Missouri State fans would want this guy fired. He has been there for 9 years and never won the conference, right?

Comment

The Ozarks Sports Zone team covers sports around the Ozarks

Bear fans should thank the Shockers for Henson's firing.
            In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock
              Originally posted by Tasmanian Devil
              I just watched it. All I can say is I hope MSU gets what's coming to them. I just can't understand getting rid of a coach that averaged 19 wins a season and graduates his kids at a very high rate.
              I've never understood, and will never understand why MSU fans have wanted him out so bad.

Honestly and objectively...IF after the completion of the 2016 season Marshall has failed to get us to the NCAA tournament for the 9th consecutive season, will you be happy with the job that he has done?

I'm betting that the majority of WSU fans would be rather excited for a change of pace.

Seriously, this is not that difficult to empathize with.

Comment

Ok -- whose Mark Pew?

Comment

Gonzaga's coach.
                  In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by 7hottamales
                    Originally posted by AndShock
                    Originally posted by Tasmanian Devil
                    I just watched it. All I can say is I hope MSU gets what's coming to them. I just can't understand getting rid of a coach that averaged 19 wins a season and graduates his kids at a very high rate.
                    I've never understood, and will never understand why MSU fans have wanted him out so bad.

Honestly and objectively...IF after the completion of the 2016 season Marshall has failed to get us to the NCAA tournament for the 9th consecutive season, will you be happy with the job that he has done?

I'm betting that the majority of WSU fans would be rather excited for a change of pace.

Seriously, this is not that difficult to empathize with.
                    Marshall also receives a paycheck nearly 5 times larger than Hinson did. I can understand their disappointment, but they were getting what they were paying for.

Comment

They certainly have their sights set high.
                      Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
                        Gonzaga's coach.
                        Not to split hairs, but I thought that was Mark Few. Just thought maybe this guy was a lookalike that didn't bathe. Sorry.

Comment

MSU has been real cheap and I think that helped extend Hinson's time there. Regarding the list from the talk show, I assume it came from excited MSU fans. A sports talk show host should know better. Take Crean for example. He is very highly paid and loves Marquette. It is doubtful if any school could get him away for there.
                          In the fast lane

Comment

The only way Crean leaves Marquette is when the MSU job opens up...Michigan State University.

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
                              MSU has been real cheap and I think that helped extend Hinson's time there. Regarding the list from the talk show, I assume it came from excited MSU fans. A sports talk show host should know better. Take Crean for example. He is very highly paid and loves Marquette. It is doubtful if any school could get him away for there.
                              There are rumors that there are donors who refused to give money for Barry who are willing to extend money to pay for a higher salary for a new coach.

Whether these rumors are true, and if so, how much salary that would mean, are unknown to me.
                              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

The reality is that Barry can probably get a better job and a pay raise given his record.

He should have had teams in the NCAA tourney twice...is that his fault that they were screwed out of the opportunity? Apparently they didn't factor that into the equation.

Having the team with the best rpi in the country to ever not get an invitation ought to count for something.

Comment

Working...
                                X