Hinson out at Missouri State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moshock
    I'm listening to talk radio here and some of the names that are popping up are crazy:

Steve Lavin
    Mike Montgomery
    Tom Crean (?)
    Xaivier's Coach
    Mark Pew

Although I see this as a good mid level program, I don't see MSU attracting a big name coach. They are going to take a risk on an up and comer and definitley raise the pay bar.

:wsu_posters:

Um yeah......ok........and I have nooners scheduled next week with Jessica Alba, Keira Knightley, Katherine Heigl, Tricia Helfer & Jamie-Lynn Sigler. Nothing like setting the bar a liiiiiiiiiiiitle too high.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
      I'm listening to talk radio here and some of the names that are popping up are crazy:

Steve Lavin
      Mike Montgomery
      Tom Crean (?)
      Xaivier's Coach
      Mark Pew

Although I see this as a good mid level program, I don't see MSU attracting a big name coach. They are going to take a risk on an up and comer and definitley raise the pay bar.

Um yeah......ok........and I have nooners scheduled next week with Jessica Alba, Keira Knightley, Katherine Heigl, Tricia Helfer & Jamie-Lynn Sigler. Nothing like setting the bar a liiiiiiiiiiiitle too high.
      Enjoy those nooners!
      SFL is back!

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle
        Originally posted by 7hottamales
        Originally posted by AndShock
        Originally posted by Tasmanian Devil
        I just watched it. All I can say is I hope MSU gets what's coming to them. I just can't understand getting rid of a coach that averaged 19 wins a season and graduates his kids at a very high rate.
        I've never understood, and will never understand why MSU fans have wanted him out so bad.

Honestly and objectively...IF after the completion of the 2016 season Marshall has failed to get us to the NCAA tournament for the 9th consecutive season, will you be happy with the job that he has done?

I'm betting that the majority of WSU fans would be rather excited for a change of pace.

Seriously, this is not that difficult to empathize with.
        Marshall also receives a paycheck nearly 5 times larger than Hinson did. I can understand their disappointment, but they were getting what they were paying for.

The fans don't decide how much to pay the coach. I'm sure they're just as ticked off that they have a $100,000 coach as they are about anything.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu

Steve Lavin
          Mike Montgomery
          Tom Crean (?)
          Xaivier's Coach
          Mark Pew

Um yeah......ok........and I have nooners scheduled next week with Jessica Alba, Keira Knightley, Katherine Heigl, Tricia Helfer & Jamie-Lynn Sigler.
          You too????
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Also, MSU got much more than they paid for with Barry.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

So let me understand the thought process here...Hinson earned the right to not accomplish anything tangible at Missouri State (Conf Champ, Conf tournament Champ, or NCAA tourn appearance) because he only makes $200K a year?

Again, I submit that none of our fans would be upset with letting a guy go after following up a sweet 16 appearance by the previous staff with nothing more than upper division finishes.

Hinson has inherited two jobs following up an Elite 8 appearance and a Sweet 16 appearance and never won much of anything.

I like the guy, but I suspect the injustice Shocker fans feel for him is as much a result of being comfortable with him as a competitor more than anything else. He doesn't scare us.

We are satisfied with MSU reaching advanced mediocrity. Their fans aren't and shouldn't be.

Comment

Actually the previous list that I submitted was from a sports talk fill-in anchor. He is a bonified idiot. If one of those accepts the position, I will quit posting on SN.

The new name is Bruce Weber. It actually has a little merit to it. He is under the gun at Illinios and reportedly interested in MSU. He deserves the credit for SIU 's recent success. He might be in over his head at Ill and would make a gracious exit. This one actually make a little sense.

The salary figure being thrown around is $400K to $600K .

I wasn't aware of this site until one of the radio guys mentioned www.coachingrumors.com . It takes a subscription but it's kind of interesting.

BTW, a few stats that I heard about Barry: He graduated every player except 1. He had the 3rd best record in the MVC over the past 9 years. He recruited local kids.

Had he gotten into the NCAA a couple of years ago, he probably wouldn't be here anyway. It probably is best for both parties to go their seperate ways. He will end up in the tourney some day and so will MSU.

I know....it's Mark Few not Mark Pew

Comment

The Weber thing has some legs. The next few weeks will be interesting.

Weber to MSU

Lowery to UofI????

????? to SIU

The rumor is A Grant has a friend at LSU and that is all but a done deal. I have this from 2 sources not related to one another. I have no real ties with either source so take that for what it's worth.

Comment

Draft Nolan Richardson back to the Valley to fill an open spot at:

MSU
                    SIU
                    WSU

Only if he goes back to the 70's look:

and Not the Sajak:
                    [/img]
                    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Well, If Capel goes to USC, and Lowery goes to Oklahoma or to Illinois (amid Weber rumors) after a 17-13 season, wouldn't he effectively be doing the very same thing that Turgeon did in going to the Aggies????

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
                        Well, If Capel goes to USC, and Lowery goes to Oklahoma or to Illinois (amid Weber rumors) after a 17-13 season, wouldn't he effectively be doing the very same thing that Turgeon did in going to the Aggies????
                        Yes, but worse. He'd be leaving his alma mater.

For some reason, I don't see him going anywhere. I'm not convinced an AD will be as high on him as some national sportswriters and rumor-mongers.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
                          Capel's not going to USC, he has Willie Warren coming in next year to play with Blake Griffin. No way does he leave that potential.

Comment

I'd be gonzo if I were Griffin.

Comment

Why in the world would Illinois consider Lowery? Wouldn't they be a little gun-shy with a SIU coach?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Ol' Badass Balla
                                Draft Nolan Richardson back to the Valley to fill an open spot at:

MSU
                                SIU
                                WSU

The only way Nolan is going to coach anywhere is if Notes is named his successor, and no school is going to do that. That's why the Arkansas State deal fell through.

Comment

Working...
                                X