Gregg Marshall Show, 3-30-15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
    Good news boys - Todd Butler show will be on instead at 6pm.
    Great now we will get calls like this

Drunk/old confused man voice:

"Coaach, I just wanted to say how I .....uhhhhhh....know you uhhh are going to ummm get this straightened out. ....and I just want you to...uhhh...stay positive because....uhhhh...I really hope everything.....umm....uhhhh....turns around and all.....Ummmm. Now, on to my question.......uhhhh......uhhh...Do you know if Coach Marshall is leaving coach? I'll hang up and listen."

Comment

Word on the radio here in Austin is that there has been an offer "suggested" to HCGM. Many boosters called in on the show wanting to know more but thats all they knew. No price from what i could gather was given.

Comment

It's simple to me. Alabama AD came to Wichita today and arrived a little before noon. They have lunch, they meet, they discuss lots of things. In the afternoon, they take a break. They plan to have dinner tonight and talk some more. The AD is likely staying the night in Wichita, regardless.

If the AD from a school is your guest, you treat them well, and you have a good time. You don't rush a quick meeting and shove them out the door. The coach's show is cancelled because they are still doing things with the Alabama folks and it doesn't necessarily mean ANYTHING. These are high level people. They are probably golfing today and having steaks tonight. Think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
          "Hello Todd. Long-time listener, first-time caller. Has Gregg Marshall told you if he'll remain the men's basketball coach at WSU?"
          And, Todd, what do you think was our problem with free throws this year?

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
            Agreed. However, it does mean he's not 100% the WSU going forward right now.

Doesn't mean he's gone. He could be 99% the WSU coach, but there is the the 1% he wants to assure himself of.

EDIT: For the record, I think/believe he's here to stay.
            Sure hope you're right!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              And we all know what "reality" means, don't we sunshine?
              Keep on topic sir...

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                It's simple to me. Alabama AD came to Wichita today and arrived a little before noon. They have lunch, they meet, they discuss lots of things. In the afternoon, they take a break. They plan to have dinner tonight and talk some more. The AD is likely staying the night in Wichita, regardless.

If the AD from a school is your guest, you treat them well, and you have a good time. You don't rush a quick meeting and shove them out the door. The coach's show is cancelled because they are still doing things with the Alabama folks and it doesn't necessarily mean ANYTHING. These are high level people. They are probably golfing today and having steaks tonight. Think about it.
                Bump

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                  +1. If I were Gregg a condition of returning would be the elimination of the call in portion of the show for the remainder of his career.
                  I agree. All question should be submitted by e-mail or twitter with Mike Kennedy picking the best ones at his discretion.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    I agree. All question should be submitted by e-mail or twitter with Mike Kennedy picking the best ones at his discretion.
                    The problem with twitter or e-mail is that the surplus East German equipment that they use may not be able to handle the load.

The safest form of question submission would be stone tablets.
                    An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                      "Hello Todd. Long-time listener, first-time caller. Has Gregg Marshall told you if he'll remain the men's basketball coach at WSU?"
                      Coach Butler, what can you do to improve the team's free throw shooting?
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                        Actually, Coach Butler might be thrilled to answer questions about basketball instead of the performance of his baseball team, expecially after getting steamrolled this week.
                        Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 30, 2015, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Actually, Coach Butler might be thrilled to answer questions about basketball instead of the performance of his baseball team, expecially after getting steamrolled this week.
                          Here's a thought... You know Sexton is looking at the baseball team and thinking he better make darn sure not to screw up the Marshall situation. :)

Comment

Ha! That's pretty good.

While the baseball success isn't what most of us are use to, baseball is a different beast.

The program was stagnant when he arrived and he is finally starting to get his own recruits in and developing; while playing a tough schedule.

Sorry to get off topic, back to basketball :)
                            The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                              Coach Butler, have you spoken with Ron Baker and Fred Van Fleet about whether or not they are going pro?

Comment

Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post
                                I don't think that is good news for Shocker fans.
                                Especially Ron.

Comment

Working...
                                X