Valley happenings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
    I wasn't paying attention when SMU got the death penalty years ago, but is what they did really any worse than the fraud that is UNC?
    Academically, it wasn't nearly as bad. Financially it was. They were caught paying players while still on probation for the last time they got caught paying players, and the sitting governor of Texas was on the SMU Board of Trustees.

SMU flauted the rules so egregiously that there was no other recourse.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyShock View Post
      Academically, it wasn't nearly as bad. Financially it was. They were caught paying players while still on probation for the last time they got caught paying players, and the sitting governor of Texas was on the SMU Board of Trustees.

SMU flauted the rules so egregiously that there was no other recourse.
      I knew SMU was financial benefits, but is that really worse than giving away your school's credibility as an "academic institution" by giving athletes high scores for classes they didn't even attend?
      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
        UNC probably will not get much punishment (but one could always hold out hope for a fair resolution). If UNC comes away pretty much unhurt, if I were Syracuse I would be pretty pissed off.
        I think Cleveland St better watch out

Comment

• If UNC gets a "slap on the wriist", it could be good for the local economy. The NCAA might have to invest in more private aircraft to shuttle people back and forth between Indianapolis and Washington D.C. There might be some in Congress interested in hearing an explanation of how the colleges "voluntarily" joining the NCAA prevents it from being a monopoly.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Scrolling through the UNC playing at UNI section of UNI fan page, saw their season tix package. They are talking about selling UNC as a $50 game and WSU as a $30 game as part of a 3-pack. As much as I would love to see season ticket prices like this at CKA, I fully understand the laws of supply and demand and the dramatically higher demand that WSU creates. The cost for their BEST seats doesn't come close to covering our least expensive seats.

Season Ticket Prices for 15-16'

107/114 - $299 ticket price - $250 donation per seat
            106/108/113/115 - $299 - $100
            105/101 Seatbacks - $299 - $0
            101/102/103/104/105 - $219 - $0
            109/112 - $159 - $0
            Last edited by ShockdaWorld; May 29, 2015, 03:41 PM.
            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Working...
            X