Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
    @JonRothstein 17m17 minutes ago
    Northern Iowa will begin a three-year series with UNC at home on 11/21/15, Ben Jacobson told @CBSSports. Nice homecoming for Marcus Paige.

Congrats to UNI.
    Damn! Nice get!

EDIT: Wait... are the 3 games buy games in Chapel Hill? I take back my above comment if so.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
      Damn! Nice get!

EDIT: Wait... are the 3 games buy games in Chapel Hill? I take back my above comment if so.
      It's a two for one with the first game being in Cedar Falls and the last two in Chapel Hill.
      Livin the dream

Comment

Northern Iowa will begin a three-year series with UNC at home on 11/21/15, Ben Jacobson told @CBSSports. Nice homecoming for Marcus Paige.

Congrats to UNI.
        Jacobsen is going to steal 1 or 2 of these games. This is great for the MVC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
          Just personal opinion, but I think anything involving UNC participating in athletics for the next few years is bad for the NCAA in general. If the NCAA does as expected, I hope you're right.
          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Congrats to UNI.
            More like, thank you Marcus Paige.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
              So nice of Roy to do this for the upcoming season and not last year. Last's year's UNI team would have beaten them in Cedar Falls.
              78-65

Comment

• This just makes me angry that we can't get some Blue Blood to come to our house. This is great for the MVC, but I'm quite jealous.

Comment

• It's a 2 for 1. Have we offered that?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                    This just makes me angry that we can't get some Blue Blood to come to our house. This is great for the MVC, but I'm quite jealous.
                    Would you rather have UNC in the Chuck or a Final Four?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      Would you rather have UNC in the Chuck or a Final Four?
                      Neither if it meant UNC got what they deserved. Both if that option was available, but not at the cost of having to play two there to get them here once. I think we've proven we are worthy of a home and home with any program in the country.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                        Neither if it meant UNC got what they deserved. Both if that option was available, but not at the cost of having to play two there to get them here once. I think we've proven we are worthy of a home and home with any program in the country.
                        I have not been paying close enough attention...is there a REAL chance the NCAA shuts down the Heels for an extended time?

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                          I have not been paying close enough attention...is there a REAL chance the NCAA shuts down the Heels for an extended time?
                          Probably not, but just from what I've read, they are way beyond lack of institutional control. The institution was aiding with the fraud. I'm not really sure how any of the students who received credits for those classes can be considered academic graduates anymore, although I'm sure some of them were. However, they are a blue blood, so will probably get a loss of a scholarship penalty or some other slap on the wrist.

Comment

• UNC probably will not get much punishment (but one could always hold out hope for a fair resolution). If UNC comes away pretty much unhurt, if I were Syracuse I would be pretty pissed off.

Comment

• The allegations go back to 1993. That's back when Smith was still coach. With the Syracuse case as guidance, even a conservative estimate has them with a multi-year post-season ban and a bunch of scholarships lost.

If all of the allegations bear out, I really don't see - other than pure financial protectionism by the NCAA or bullying by the ACC/Power 5 - how UNC avoids the death penalty.

Thing is, if UNC doesn't get it worse than Syracuse, I can see Jim Boeheim going on a personal mission to destroy the NCAA by outing every single cheater he knows in the public square. He's just that pissed about getting caught.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                                UNC probably will not get much punishment (but one could always hold out hope for a fair resolution). If UNC comes away pretty much unhurt, if I were Syracuse I would be pretty pissed off.
                                I wasn't paying attention when SMU got the death penalty years ago, but is what they did really any worse than the fraud that is UNC?

Comment

Working...
                                X