Valley happenings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShocktheHawks View Post
    Fun Story: Gavin went to my H.S. He had chronic ankle problems and would go to the trainer. Man that dudes feet look like they came off a zombie movie. Literally shriveled up, long toe nail zombie flesh. js.
    More posts like this, less about scheduling.
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

• Didn't KU give Nevada a game at their place a few years ago because they had signed a hot recruit from the area?

I'm sure I'm not the only person on here who remembers how that worked out for them.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        Didn't KU give Nevada a game at their place a few years ago because they had signed a hot recruit from the area?

I'm sure I'm not the only person on here who remembers how that worked out for them.
        Was that the game where KU assistant coach Dooley dropped the f-bomb on Nick Fazekas?

Comment

• 2 of Brian Wardle's recruits from UWGB will follow him to Bradley, including Antoine Pittman who went to Rockford Auburn (FVV's HS). They had both already signed LOI with the Phoenix before Wardle left and they were released from their commitments, so I don't think Bradley can comment on them switching schools until they enroll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerMas View Post
            2 of Brian Wardle's recruits from UWGB will follow him to Bradley, including Antoine Pittman who went to Rockford Auburn (FVV's HS). They had both already signed LOI with the Phoenix before Wardle left and they were released from their commitments, so I don't think Bradley can comment on them switching schools until they enroll.
            http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...uits/26331529/
            That's unfortunate. We torpedoed Turgeon for accepting one WSU recruit after moving to aTm. I haven't even seen a photo of the guy and he's already lost respect from me, which I'm sure will cause him to lose sleep tonight.

Comment

• Sounds pretty shady, but if it's good for the Valley, you'll not hear me complaining.
              "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                Sounds pretty shady, but if it's good for the Valley, you'll not hear me complaining.
                Really??? We've become that jaded. If it's to our detriment we can complain and say how wrong it is, but it's okay as long as it benefits us or the Valley. Man have we come a long way and not to the good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                  Really??? We've become that jaded. If it's to our detriment we can complain and say how wrong it is, but it's okay as long as it benefits us or the Valley. Man have we come a long way and not to the good.
                  You got a turd in your pocket?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                    Sounds pretty shady, but if it's good for the Valley, you'll not hear me complaining.
                    It is not shady at all. Very commonplace happening.

Some coaches will not do that, but the great majority will. As long as it is triggered by the players and not as a result of tampering by the departing coach it is totally above board. The school the Coach is leaving does not have to grant a release from an LOI or they can put restrictions with such release if they believe anything shady has occurred.

Comment

• I didn't say anything about it being wrong or that some coaches will do it and others won't. I'm saying don't be two-faced about it. Complaining about it on one hand or think it sounds shady as ShockdaWold put it, but if you do it or it's to your benefit it's suddenly not shady and is okay. If a coach wants to bring recruits along with him to his new school (even though he recruited those kids on his prior school's time and dime) that's up to him. I don't think that's having "a turd in my pocket" as Cdizzle so elegantly put it. I was just making an observation. But I forgot that making an observation or having an opinion (at least without a select few on this board jumping down your throat) is only reserved for that select few.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                        I didn't say anything about it being wrong or that some coaches will do it and others won't. I'm saying don't be two-faced about it. Complaining about it on one hand or think it sounds shady as ShockdaWold put it, but if you do it or it's to your benefit it's suddenly not shady and is okay. If a coach wants to bring recruits along with him to his new school (even though he recruited those kids on his prior school's time and dime) that's up to him. I don't think that's having "a turd in my pocket" as Cdizzle so elegantly put it. I was just making an observation. But I forgot that making an observation or having an opinion (at least without a select few on this board jumping down your throat) is only reserved for that select few.
                        I didn't intend to be two-faced about it. I just wasn't familiar with it being common place. It does sound shady to me, but if it is above board, doesn't break any rules, and is commonplace (as I've been informed), then you have to take advantage of those rules if you want to be on a level playing field with those others who would do the same. So, yes, all of the above being correct, if it benefits the Valley, go for it.
                        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• I could be wrong, but I don't think it's as commonplace as some would have you believe. I have an issue with the ethics of using your former employer's resources to recruit a player that goes with you to your new employer.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                            I could be wrong, but I don't think it's as commonplace as some would have you believe. I have an issue with the ethics of using your former employer's resources to recruit a player that goes with you to your new employer.
                            That has been 3G's position in the past. But I it does not seem all that uncommon to me but that is totally anecdotal. Also, a lot will depend on how open the school who is losing he Head Coach is lt giving the player an unconditional release. Some players will get their release but not be granted a release to follow the coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              That has been 3G's position in the past. But I it does not seem all that uncommon to me but that is totally anecdotal. Also, a lot will depend on how open the school who is losing he Head Coach is lt giving the player an unconditional release. Some players will get their release but not be granted a release to follow the coach.
                              I don't think a school can put conditions on a release from LOI, only transfers. Can anyone else confirm this?

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                                I don't think a school can put conditions on a release from LOI, only transfers. Can anyone else confirm this?
                                I think you are probably right. Sounds like it is an all or none release.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 27, 2015, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X