Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WillieJeffJeffries View Post
    Bama going for the jealousy angle
    Yeah, I could certainly see how Little Pitino would be jealous of Gregg.

Comment

• If Marshall's main competition for the job is that clown you'd think it would tell him all he needs to know about the appeal of the position in high-level coaching circles.

Comment

• Originally posted by thunderkwb View Post
        I like Dick's Quote
        "I personally find it difficult to comprehend why this is played out in the media, because you look embarrassing if you don't complete the deal," he said. "Now the next guy looks like he's second and the next guy looks third. That should all be private. That should all be, I think, between the athletic department and the person they're pursuing with a very simple statement: 'If this gets out, we're withdrawing our offer.'"
        Yeah, I think we're seeing this play out with little Pitino being their second choice. If they don't get Marshall this very well will backfire on Battle. Talk about swinging for the fences and missing.
        ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
          Can someone cut and paste the top 25 paid coaches? Too hard to do on my phone.
          As other have mentioned, that is not a ranking of top paid coaches...sure many are on that list, but about 300 aren't on the list.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
            Yeah, I think we're seeing this play out with little Pitino being their second choice. If they don't get Marshall this very well will backfire on Battle. Talk about swinging for the fences and missing.
            Swinging for the fences and accidentally bunting in the process.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
              Swinging for the fences and accidentally bunting in the process.
              I like that!

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                More of the same:

But wait... I thought Marshall was THE target, as in the only one Alabama cared about until they got a no?
                I wonder how much the Alabama Message boards are imploding with that starting to come out. Must not have gotten a good signal from Marshall if hes making other calls.

Comment

• Can someone please forward Steve Eck's resume to Bill Battle.

It'd be ashamed to miss out on a viable candidate before you make a decision like this.

Comment

• Has anybody checked the Bama boards regarding the Pitino news?
                    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                      Has anybody checked the Bama boards regarding the Pitino news?
                      A lot of people on Tidefans think it's just Pitino stirring stuff up to try to get a raise (which, I guess, I don't even really know how that would work. He'd leak it to a local paper and then storm into his school's office and demand a raise and they'd give it to him without confirming official interest? I dunno, whatever). Most think that'd be a really crappy hire. I definitely agree that the gap between Marshall and Pitino Jr is a major one.

Comment

• Not to be a debbie downer, but they can't have all eggs in one basket. This makes sense. Only means 3G hasn't said yes - yet.

Comment

• @bob:lutz: Reading tea leaves: Alabama AD spending eight hours with Marshall in Wichita really puts the Tide out there. Won't look good if no deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                            Not to be a debbie downer, but they can't have all eggs in one basket. This makes sense. Only means 3G hasn't said yes - yet.
                            Ok, that last bit was a little Debbie downer...

Comment

• Originally posted by dahill2424 View Post
                              Breaking news: I just ate at an Alabama barbeque restaurant, and it was terrible--definitive proof that Marshall is not going to Alabama.
                              Maybe that's why Battle came here .. he just wanted some Hog Wild?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                                Maybe that's why Battle came here .. he just wanted some Hog Wild?
                                Pfft... please.

Pig-In Pig-Out

Comment

Working...
                                X