No announcement yet.

The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the offer someone posted above is true, I do like our chances. If Lynn and the kids don't want to go, they each get a vote, according to him.
    "Say it slowly and savor it..."
    Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

• I can't bear for this to go on until Friday. My husband subscribes to the theory -- happy wife, happy life. Hope the word on Lynn and the kids is correct.

Comment

• If you only want one more stop in your career (something we've heard from him before today), I can't think of a more anti-climactic finish to a meteoric career than to make your last stop Ala-freaking-bama basketball.

It is like busting your ass through med school, but with your ultimate motivation being a $150K house, a Hyundai Sonata, and a yearly membership to Green Valley Greens... only the house ACTUALLY costs you $2M, the Hyundai $125K, and the golf membership $1500/mo with a $100K initiation.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
          Is this a solid source or sources?

I'm not calling you out at all, just curious of veracity.
          Fair enough.

I would say it's just ole' SHOXMVC spouting off at the keyboard again while sipping some Pappy Van Winkle, but that would be untrue. Look, regardless of any "source" claimed by any of us, it is still in Gregg's court. I would be confident in the financial, deadline and family feedback part.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
            Fair enough.

I would say it's just ole' SHOXMVC spouting off at the keyboard again while sipping some Pappy Van Winkle, but that would be untrue. Look, regardless of any "source" claimed by any of us, it is still in Gregg's court. I would be confident in the financial, deadline and family feedback part.
            I'm not calling you out. I'm just asking if you feel this to be a solid source.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushockerdude View Post
              If the offer someone posted above is true, I do like our chances. If Lynn and the kids don't want to go, they each get a vote, according to him.
              Guys --- quit. No one KNOWS anything about what Gregg or his family are thinking. Patience grasshopper. All will be revealed in due time. WSU may lose half its fan base through heart attacks during that time, but there will be others to replace them.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                On a tangent, I asked a Duke alum recently what it would take to get K fired. The scenario I proposed was K showing up visibly drunk to games, wearing only a jacket with bare flesh underneath, and losing every game the coming season.

He wasn't convinced that'd be enough to get him fired.
                Yeah, that'd only get him a seat with the Cameron Crazies!

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                  I'm not calling you out. I'm just asking if you feel this to be a solid source.
                  Let it be.
                  “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                    I can't bear for this to go on until Friday. My husband subscribes to the theory -- happy wife, happy life. Hope the word on Lynn and the kids is correct.
                    If this doesn't get decided today, April Fools is going to be out of control tomorrow!

Comment

• Texas supposedly doesn't like Gregg's personality to fit within their department. We've had heard that chorus before. If he has received that feedback more than a few times he may be thinking his future options are more limited that previously believed. That might make him more likely to consider a move to a program like Alabama. I hope he would just as soon stay in Wichita and become a legend.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazztrane View Post
                        If this doesn't get decided today, April Fools is going to be out of control tomorrow!
                        If this doesn't get decided today, I am not coming on the board tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                          You say that...

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                            Me, neither! (Oh, who am I kidding?)

Comment

• If HCGM stays, this community will never forget his loyalty. This type of loyalty will be there for years, go to Alabama after 4 years and not in the tourney, do you think their fans would be so grateful that he took the job? No, they will harp about how much he "stole from Alabama".

Comment

• If Gregg is still our coach on May 2, good luck trying to get anything reasonably priced at the auction fundraiser.
                                78-65

Comment

Working...
                                X