No announcement yet.

The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Forbes recruit McDuffie? Maybe Markis changed it after coach Forbes left the program? I can't imagine him not coming here because Forbes left.

He did remove everything WSU from his Twitter profile though.

Comment

• But I guess to be fair, Landry just tweeted and hour ago about not being able to wait until he gets to play in Koch Arena and all three of the other recruits still have things about WSU on their Twitter profiles.

Comment

• Originally posted by DPruett2333 View Post
        I can confirm that McDuffie used to have #ShockerNation on his twitter bio and I believe he had a Shocker background on Twitter. Neither are there now. That's really odd. Crap, now I'm concerned.
        His background hasn't changed from the black and yellow shirt with his name and 23. Further, 1 day ago he retweeted something that said "Wichita signee Mark is McDuffie".

Still weird if he erased shockernation from his bio, though. Oh well

Comment

• Originally posted by DPruett2333 View Post
          Did Forbes recruit McDuffie? Maybe Markis changed it after coach Forbes left the program? I can't imagine him not coming here because Forbes left.

He did remove everything WSU from his Twitter profile though.
          Heier was his main recruiter and he wouldn't be told before the players.

Comment

• Yeah he did remove the #shockernation from his bio...etc.

Definately interesting.

And who is to say he hasn't talked to the players already? It's not like we would definately be told if he did
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Players, AD, coaches would all have to know. A meeting would have to be called. Reporters, Twitter, etc. are all over this. This would be a great kept secret.

Comment

• I just hope this comes to a conclusion today. I have a bad feeling in my gut about it, seems like a lot of no-so-good things happened in a row yesterday. But who knows.

Comment

• What happened?

Comment

• If I were seriously thinking about leaving but hadn't already decided I would talk to the recruits before the players. I'd want to have as clear a picture as possible of where I was going, so I'd have to know who is along for the ride. I'd only tell the team once I'd made a decision.

Comment

• Recruits do not typically follow coaches - they sign with the school, not the coach. Some recruits follow coaches (Turgeon), but it is not considered ethical.

Comment

• Originally posted by vancedave56 View Post
                        Recruits do not typically follow coaches - they sign with the school, not the coach. Some recruits follow coaches (Turgeon), but it is not considered ethical.
                        Don't always follow coaches but they do ask for and are usually granted a release. You will know today by 3pm what coach has decided in regards to Bama, but other hurdles could pop up still during this off season....ie Coach Cal, after going 40-0, could could get one step ahead of the posse and bolt to the NBA....then it starts again. OSU 50-50 on firing Ford then TBoone comes with open check book, it will never stop.
                        Last edited by WillieJeffJeffries; March 31, 2015, 06:52 AM.

Comment

• Latest from Alabama paper.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/03/monday_was_a_good_day_in_alaba.html

Comment

• I've never seen a forum before where posters struggle as much with either knowing how to insert a link, or that they might want to use one in the first place.

Gah...

Comment

• Brown reported that, according to his sources, Texas AD Steve Patterson "didn't see Marshall as a good fit 'personality wise' for Texas" because "Marshall has a reputation for being blunt and speaking his mind, which can come off the wrong way at times

That's funny. Those are qualities Alabama has embraced in its football coach, Nick Saban.

It's to Alabama's advantage if it doesn't have to compete with Texas, primarily because the Longhorns have a decided edge in the number of quality players available in their own state.

At the moment, it appears that Marshall's real choices are between returning to Wichita State to continue as the dominant program in the Missouri Valley Conference or accepting the challenge to turn Alabama into one of the better programs in the Power-5 SEC.

Alabama's been there before.

It's clear that Marshall is taking Alabama's interest seriously. It's just as clear that Alabama is serious about becoming a major basketball player again.

The Crimson Tide has reason to believe it's still in the game to make the biggest hire of the basketball season.
                              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by DCShockerFan05 View Post
                                If I were seriously thinking about leaving but hadn't already decided I would talk to the recruits before the players. I'd want to have as clear a picture as possible of where I was going, so I'd have to know who is along for the ride. I'd only tell the team once I'd made a decision.
                                I imagine that starts to cross a line from unethical to illegal. If the conversation is "will you follow me to my new school?", then the coach is actively recruiting for a school that they aren't employed by. This is probably a breach of contract at the current school.

Comment

Working...
                                X