The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
    I assume these are the same 3 Alabama basketball fans that made up their entire message board earlier this year. No one is saying you don't exist, just that there are not very many of you.
    I know you won't be able to view most of the content because it's considered "premium", but here's a thread with nearly 12,000 views and 130 posts in 3 hours - re: Marshall

There are plenty of Bama basketball fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuscaloosa View Post
      I know you won't be able to view most of the content because it's considered "premium", but here's a thread with nearly 12,000 views and 130 posts in 3 hours - re: Marshall

Most of those views are from Texas and WSU fans looking for inside information

Comment

• The plane previously reported has filed a flight plan to leave at 2:00 pm. http:// http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N800LQ

KWCH news at noon said the "real" plane was owned by a urologist, fwiw.
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by seskridge
          I don't know what the bama fans think they are proving. We have tons of support at wsu even with a .50 season. so your telling me bama offers more fan support
          I don't think (at least I hope?) that any Bama fans are trying to say we care more about Basketball than WSU does. That's obviously pretty silly. All I'm trying to display is that our "football school" is capable of being great at more than one major sport - just like Florida, Ohio State, Oklahoma, etc...

We do have more fans - if looking at numbers. But no one is trying to convince anyone that we have more basketball support than WSU.

Comment

• The 2300 fans Bama got for their NIT game is probably much closer to their real attendance number throughout the season than this made up 10k number. You can say no one cares about the NIT or that it doesn't matter but that's kind of the point.

Comment

• Originally posted by ky-mike View Post
              Most of those views are from Texas and WSU fans looking for inside information
              It's VIP access only. They wouldn't be seeing much. Even if that's true, 125 posts in 3 hours in one thread is pretty solid for a fanbase that "doesn't care about basketball".

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                The 2300 fans Bama got for their NIT game is probably much closer to their real attendance number throughout the season than this made up 10k number. You can say no one cares about the NIT or that it doesn't matter but that's kind of the point.
                As someone who attended most of our games, that's not close to accurate. 5,000 empty seats will do a number on your perception. I'd say those numbers are close to accurate. Minimally inflated perhaps, but not some gross exaggeration.

Comment

I don't think (at least I hope?) that any Bama fans are trying to say we care more about Basketball than WSU does. That's obviously pretty silly. All I'm trying to display is that our "football school" is capable of being great at more than one major sport - just like Florida, Ohio State, Oklahoma, etc...

We do have more fans - if looking at numbers. But no one is trying to convince anyone that we have more basketball support than WSU.
                  If you're talking about every dropout in Moody with a "BAMA" t-shirt, then maybe. Cull that down to the number of people who know what a pick-and-roll is, maybe not so much.

I just got done having to shut down a UT troll here at work. I am in a *foul* mood.

Comment

And we have had 149 posts in this thread in the same 3 hours. This from a school half the size of Bama. Don't know what this has to do with the price of tea in China, but there you go.

Comment

• There's no excuse for it as far as I'm concerned. I for one support our athletics through good and bad times. Others seem to show up when the product on the court is good. Some lose faith when the coach loses the fan base like CAG for example.
                      Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                      Does any Bama fan have an explanation for my eyes... I can see.... the arena was half full. I watched Alabama several times this season.. Throw out all the numbers and rah rah of the basketball program you want. That isn't made up.

I don't think WSU got even close to that empty, even in the 90s against no-name teams. Sorry. My biased opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        We're holding your feet to the fire on this one. Any updates from your "source"?
                        This is what your 'source' (who apparently lives in Wichita but also appears to claim to live in Texas said to me yesterday, isn't this one ironic:

"Just saying dont assume you know stuff other people dont because you have "lived there". That still does not tell me you know both sides of every story. Anyone can read press clippings and believe them to be 100% truthful. Nothing you spouted off tells me that you know any more about UT than the next guy.

Working with alums will get you some credit. But even then, i know many alums and they dont know anything more than anyone else either...even though they like to act like they do.

And i love Austin. Born and raised in Spring,TX."

Apparently said person doesn't know any more about UT than they do about WSU. But hey, they have a scoop, they just haven't 'been to the office yet' ROFLMAO.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post
                          And we have had 149 posts in this thread in the same 3 hours. This from a school half the size of Bama. Don't know what this has to do with the price of tea in China, but there you go.
                          And we have a coach, your school is looking, which should generate much more "excitement"
                          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                          ---------------------------------------
                          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post
                            To be fair, the individuals posting in that particular thread are paying money to do so.

Comment

To be fair, the individuals posting in that particular thread are paying money to do so.
                              Agreed. Not comparing apples to oranges. I am too cheap to pay Rivals for the privilege of posting on their sites. Do you have a 'free' blog? Can you give us the URL?

Comment

• I heard Bill Battle hates dogs.
                                Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Working...
                                X