• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheDover1018 View Post
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    This.

Comment

Gregg is having a ball. His family is having a ball. I used to be a worrier at the end of every season about him leaving. Not so much anymore. It's going to take something really special and I don't think that job is opening up anytime soon.
      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Not sure the Alabama job would turn Coach Marshall's head or not. He will listen to them. He is smart enough not to burn any bridges and keep all his options open.

However, I believe it will take something very, very special to lure Coach Marshall away at this point in time. I have a feeling that one reason, among many, that Coach Marshall has only had 2 head coaching jobs is that it is extremely tough for him to "walk away" from the young men he has recruited and who have bought in to the Marshall Way in in many respects have become like members of his family. I think this may especially be true when it comes to Fred, Ron and Evan. If those 3 are all coming back next year it would be doubly tough on Coach Marshall to move on.

Granted you can't always control when your "dream job" will become available, assuming you aren't already at your "dream job", so who knows. However, I don't think Alabama is that job, at least not for $3 mil per year.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 23, 2015, 01:09 PM.

Comment

I don't see how alabama would be better than what he has currently. While the money is nice Alabama is a football school first.
          $3mil is a lot of chedder, but he is close to 2 mil here currently and his family is happy.

Comment

Why would a reputable AD float this out before the season is over for your target?

Comment

Originally posted by ISASO View Post
              Why would a reputable AD float this out before the season is over for your target?
              That's what effectively shut the UCLA job down...Marshall saying I'm still playing and won't talk till I'm finished. I believe UCLA hired the new coach before Marshall had finished winning.
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

good points, I would listen but the risk/reward profile doesnt look to be there.

Comment

Here is the link to the Gary parish article

Comment

And the fact only 19 people have liked the article tells you all you need to know about Alabama and what basketball means to them....

Comment

Great, another distraction. I know, we're too good of a team to get distracted by reports of Alabama sparing no expense to lure GM. The players, having won an emotional game against Kansas, their ability to be emotionally ready to play Notre Dame will be brought into question. Playing Notre Dame in Cleveland is essentially a game in their own back yard (257 miles separates South Bend from Cleveland).

Just random thoughts that will be raised by 'experts' this week leading up to the game.

Comment

The way Parish is talking on twitter he has to have a source at Alabama. But I'm not worried. Marshall has said time and time again he loves the support. Alabama Basketball has no support. Spring football will out draw February basketball games. He doesn't want that.

Comment

(Yawn.) I'm not impressed. But kudos to Alabama, they have to give it a try.

We're likely to be preseason top 10 next year and HCGM has his best recruiting class ever coming in. Anything short of UNC ain't gonna get him to leave what he's built here.
                          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                            (Yawn.) I'm not impressed. But kudos to Alabama, they have to give it a try.

We're likely to be preseason top 10 next year and HCGM has his best recruiting class ever coming in. Anything short of UNC ain't gonna get him to leave what he's built here.
                            Even UNC at this point has some tremendous uncertainty hanging over its program doesn't it?

Comment

With the possible death penalty looming, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                                With the possible death penalty looming, yes.
                                If the death penalty happens, I'll eat my hat....too big a cow.......

Would LOVE it, though....:)

Comment

Working...
                                X