The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CharlieHog View Post
    Notre Dame is a football school with a good basketball program.
    Being a football school and being a good football school with national championships is another thing. Since Holtz left, the Irish have one NC appearance, and are 124-83 overall. I thought we were trying to link success in both programs, not just a good basketball program at a "football" school.
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
      BTW, for the people wondering about Grant's salary at U of A, he was increased to 1.9 million per year, his contract runs through 2019.

Nick Saban is college football's highest paid coach with a salary of $6.9 million per year.
      You know that you have more money than sense when you pay $7.5m to make Anthony Grant go away and pay a new coach $1.5m+/yr with no guarantee of greater sucess.

But if you want to take the Saban approach, maybe they think they can get a return on investment by paying $3m/yr for an elite BB coach.

I just don't see the "Physical" support at Alabama to match that kind of "Fiscal" support as HCGM likes to say.
      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
      -John Wooden

Comment

You're giving us too much credit. Arkansas did not win a FB NC in 1977. Our only one is 1964. We won in basketball in 1994.

Good to hear from you, Charlie.
        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
          Being a football school and being a good football school with national championships is another thing. Since Holtz left, the Irish have one NC appearance, and are 124-83 overall. I thought we were trying to link success in both programs, not just a good basketball program at a "football" school.

I think we're talking past each other. To me a football school is a school where the fans and admin think football is most important. National Championships is way to narrow a qualifier for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
            Good to hear from you, Charlie.
            :)

I lurk these days.

Comment

I think we're talking past each other. To me a football school is a school where the fans and admin think football is most important. National Championships is way to narrow a qualifier for me.
              Ok, I can see that. I still think the number of schools that are football schools with good basketball programs could be counted on one hand.
              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                Ok, I can see that. I still think the number of schools that are football schools with good basketball programs could be counted on one hand.
                What about basketball schools with good football teams? ;)
                The Assman

Comment

Bummer, Coach Grant was my 2nd favorite active NCAA Coach. I hope he lands somewhere and has success.
                  "Ralph Miller was one of the finest coaches in the history of intercollegiate basketball. His teams were always fundamentally sound, team oriented, well conditioned, and ran both their offense and defense with great patience. I know of no coach whose teams competed against his, whether it be at Wichita State, Iowa, or Oregon State, who did not have great respect for him."—John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                    You won't AG in the Valley then..
                    Maybe he will work for free since he's already being paid big bucks.

Comment

Alabama, playing without Anthony coaching, up on Illinois 41 to 15 with a couple minutes to go in first half.
                      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Interesting, the color commentator doing the Alabama-Illinois game threw out Greg Lansing's name as a possible replacement.
                        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                          Alabama, playing without Anthony coaching, up on Illinois 41 to 15 with a couple minutes to go in first half.
                          Wow - that Big 10 plays tough.

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                            Interesting, the color commentator doing the Alabama-Illinois game threw out Greg Lansing's name as a possible replacement.
                            Lansing needs to stay put. He can do better, and Bama fans would not appreciate him.
                            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

But Lansing makes $200,000. They paid Grant $2,000,000.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

5 years at Bama = 50 years at ISU salary. That math isn't difficult:)

Comment

Working...
                                X