No announcement yet.

The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone see Calapari's rant after today's game? He went off about schools firing their coaches mid season and the NC State situation.

He may represent what I hate about college basketball, but I love that he speaks his mind and I generally agree with him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
      Anyone see Calapari's rant after today's game? He went off about schools firing their coaches mid season and the NC State situation.

He may represent what I hate about college basketball, but I love that he speaks his mind and I generally agree with him.
      I can't think of another person I hate and love at the same time as much as him...except for maybe myself

Comment

• From Pat Forde of Yahoo on the NC State job.

"The guy who is the perfect fit for N.C. State is Wichita State’s Gregg Marshall. He’s been treated like a sultan there and it would take a sweetheart deal to get him to go, but he worked in the region for years at Winthrop, and he’d fit N.C. State’s spit-in-the-eye underdog mentality vis-à-vis blueblood neighbors North Carolina and Duke."

Comment

• Don't worry. According to sCUm fans Marshall is not liked outside of Wichita and is not accepted well in coaching circles. That hurts his chances of leaving

Comment

• I saw a Sports Illustrated column last week by Pete Thamel about the coaching carousel and he said something to the effect of that there was a growing sense in the coaching world that this might be the year that Marshall leaves Wichita.

I am kind of skeptical. But it makes you wonder if this is Gregg's agent doing this or if it is just speculation. Arkansas was the one non-blue blood program that I thought could maybe snag him but with their big win over South Carolina, I think Mike Anderson will survive yet again.

Comment

• Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
              I saw a Sports Illustrated column last week by Pete Thamel about the coaching carousel and he said something to the effect of that there was a growing sense in the coaching world that this might be the year that Marshall leaves Wichita.

I am kind of skeptical. But it makes you wonder if this is Gregg's agent doing this or if it is just speculation. Arkansas was the one non-blue blood program that I thought could maybe snag him but with their big win over South Carolina, I think Mike Anderson will survive yet again.
              Isn't that the sense "the community" gets every year? Of all years .. this seems like the worst possible year for him to leave. Returning a Top 15 team along with Maggie being a Senior? Last year would make sense, Next year would make sense .. this year .. not so much.

Comment

• I have no clue, but does Marshall have any interest in the NBA? Not even sure if the NBA would have any interest in him.

Just curious.
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
                  I saw a Sports Illustrated column last week by Pete Thamel about the coaching carousel and he said something to the effect of that there was a growing sense in the coaching world that this might be the year that Marshall leaves Wichita.

Clueless. Hapless. Hopeless.

Can we please get a prediction for Saturday?
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                    I have no clue, but does Marshall have any interest in the NBA? Not even sure if the NBA would have any interest in him.

Just curious.
                    Not that i've ever heard.

I don't really think he'd be a good fit for the NBA, the players have as much control as the coaches sometimes and I don't think Gregg would want to be in that situation.
                    Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• SIAP: Marshall's a pipedream. WSU just gave him what is essentially a lifetime contract (7 years rolling, extended each year automatically), starting at $3M/year plus benefits and endorsements and working up. He has all the power ($15M buyout compared to $500K if he wants to leave). Because his end of the liquidated damages is so small, he could skip town with little penalty, but no one - not even NCSU - would give him a contract near as favorable as the one he just received. Basically WSU decided they wanted him, and they wanted him for the rest of his career, and they gave him exactly what he needed to make sure he'd never, ever leave. Marshall will be here until he dies or retires. Bank it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bentley View Post
                        Marshall will be here until he dies or retires.
                        Geez .. I love him being our coach, but I want the man to be able to enjoy retirement!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                          Clueless. Hapless. Hopeless.

Can we please get a prediction for Saturday?

I would predict about a 15-20 point Wichita State win. But for the like thousandth time, I'm not a big men's college basketball guy, I don't watch very much WSU basketball. I actually caught more this weekend because of the early start time on ESPN than I probably have watched the Shockers play in 3 years. And I watched maybe 5 minutes closely and had it on as background the rest of the time as I was cleaning. I think I made a prediction for the WSU/MSU game in Wichita but it should be pretty obvious that I have a very rudimentary understanding of your team (I can name maybe 2-3 of your players). Take any of my game predictions in men's basketball with a grain of salt.

Comment

• Then why the **** are you on an opposing fans' basketball forum?
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• "Fire Gregg Marshall: It's been 6 years, and the experiment has run its course"

“Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• I would say that IU has a HCGM hangover given the above post & its link. The oddity is that they have never drank from HCGM's "Chalice of Victory" so I would say that this was written to preemptively deflate the "we need to hire HCGM" Blomington crowd.
                                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
                                X