No announcement yet.

The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No worries everyone in Memphis is looking for a guy named Greg.

Comment

• Hahaha.....Gregg Marshall with Penny Hardaway as his assistant.

They've got a better chance to get Penny Marshall as their coach.

Still would be an upgrade from Pastner.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        Hahaha.....Gregg Marshall with Penny Hardaway as his assistant.

They've got a better chance to get Penny Marshall as their coach.

Still would be an upgrade from Pastner.
        I laughed at that. You really think you are going to be able to hire Marshall AND get to choose his assistants for him?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
          I laughed at that. You really think you are going to be able to hire Marshall AND get to choose his assistants for him?
          That doesn't exactly sound like complete control they are claiming that 3G would require.

Comment

• Originally posted by BasketballJones188 View Post
            Memphis AD, Fred Smith, Bill Laurie, and Brad Martin are in Wichita today. Marshall wants full control. No room for negotiation. I don't blame him for that. Not sure Tom Bowen (Memphis' AD) will concede. He's hard headed
            Are you sure they aren't in discussions with Bill Self?
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
              You're acting like Marshall is the second coming of John Wooden. I'm sure whoever becomes the next coach of Memphis he will get to choose his assistants. I'm also sure if Penny Hardaway was interested in becoming Marshall's asst., Marshall would listen. Penny is a legend there and would be a major coup for him to get players out of a talent rich Memphis.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                That doesn't exactly sound like complete control they are claiming that 3G would require.
                I am laughing uncontrollably at this point.....Not sure if the AD is going to give full control, so he's going to start at picking his assistant coaches for him.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Oh my God I'd love to hear Gregg's response to that one.

It's becoming abundantly clear why Memphis has been so freaking bad of late. The inmates are in fact running the asylum.

Comment

• I'm still not completely convinced he isn't the second coming of John wooden :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Chi-TownTiger View Post
                    You're acting like Marshall is the second coming of John Wooden.
                    Hmmm, not a bad comparison.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                      I'm still not completely convinced he isn't the second coming of John wooden :)
                      Darn you. Outposted me by seconds.

Comment

No, we're acting like your fan base is full of annoying trolls and hopeless crack addicts hell bent on finding some kind of connection between Memphis and Gregg.

Comment

• Marshall's "tapped out" here, and next year he'll be rebuilding from nothing.

Who knew?

I guess if he's reached a peak with a program that has 2 F4's, 4 E8's, and 6 S16's, then what should he expect at a program with the same resume, less a F4?

And LOL at rebuilding with nothing. Top 50 and top 100 starters next year Shamet, Frankamp, Brown, and McDuffie would probably be interested in that. So would the incoming ESPN 4 star and the two top 25 JuCo guys.

Comment

Not at all. Coach Wooden was the 1st coming of Gregg Marshall. Obviously, that's hyperbole but we do hold both Coach Wooden and Coach Marshall in very high esteem.

Comment

• Well if we're lucky enough to steal John Wooden II away from you guys, I promise to come back and buy you guys/gals a beer. :love-struck:

Comment

Well if we're lucky enough to steal John Wooden II away from you guys, I promise to come back and buy you guys/gals a beer. :love-struck:
                                Not sure luck will have much to do with it and it is unlikely to be a steal. You will be paying full price. Maybe you meant to say if were bucky enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X