The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
    Think of it this way: if I complement your hot wife on your wedding day that's probably okay. If I'm recently divorced and I come over to your house and tell I want to bang your wife, not really cool. We are just tired from the parade of fans that come here, a new breed every other week, from March to May. Eventually it moves on from you have a really good coach to our school is better than yours and we will pay more money. Then it turns out that neither is really true, at least not significantly.

South Carolina, UCLA, Missouri, Alabama, Texas, Vanderbilt, Memphis...they all sing the same tune, beating their chests, and they all go home with someone else.
    Finest post in quite some time in this godforsaken thread!
    Get in line tiggers! Funny sh!t these Memphis folk!

Comment

• Originally posted by UofMemphis View Post
      so far the Memphis fans are saying 'hey, we probably can't get your coach, but its sure worth throwing some $$$ at him and see what he says"

I guess I don't see the insult there...
      Maybe it's not an insult, but it's the underlying tone that ANY, ANY job, is a step up from WSU. And all it's gonna take is money. Which, every other school has boat loads of and is ready to give to GM.

And the other thing that irks me is the Clarence Buxton attitude. All if these programs think that all it takes is a big name, high paid coach and our program will be good.

Eh, i want a nice green lawn, but i don't want to take the time to fertilize, mow, trim and take care of it myself, I just want to pay someone else to take care of it, then boast how great my lawn looks when i do nothing to make it happen.

It just seems like a bunch of programs see March Madness and think, "Oh, that looks fun. We should get a good basketball team so we can participate in that too. If WSU can do it, we can do it, will just get their coach. I'm sure he'll come here, just give him a ton of money, make it happen."

**** all that. WSU is where it is because of GM. But it's also where it is because it's special.

It's a WSU thing, you wouldn't understand.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
        Think of it this way: if I complement your hot wife on your wedding day that's probably okay. If I'm recently divorced and I come over to your house and tell I want to bang your wife, not really cool. We are just tired from the parade of fans that come here, a new breed every other week, from March to May. Eventually it moves on from you have a really good coach to our school is better than yours and we will pay more money. Then it turns out that neither is really true, at least not significantly.

South Carolina, UCLA, Missouri, Alabama, Texas, Vanderbilt, Memphis...they all sing the same tune, beating their chests, and they all go home with someone else.
        you're confusing personal feelings and simple business...to quote the Godfather, "It's not personal...It's strictly business."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
          Maybe it's not an insult, but it's the underlying tone that ANY, ANY job, is a step up from WSU. And all it's gonna take is money. Which, every other school has boat loads of and is ready to give to GM.

And the other thing that irks me is the Clarence Buxton attitude. All if these programs think that all it takes is a big name, high paid coach and our program will be good.

Eh, i want a nice green lawn, but i don't want to take the time to fertilize, mow, trim and take care of it myself, I just want to pay someone else to take care of it, then boast how great my lawn looks when i do nothing to make it happen.

It just seems like a bunch of programs see March Madness and think, "Oh, that looks fun. We should get a good basketball team so we can participate in that too. If WSU can do it, we can do it, will just get their coach. I'm sure he'll come here, just give him a ton of money, make it happen."

**** all that. WSU is where it is because of GM. But it's also where it is because it's special.

It's a WSU thing, you wouldn't understand.
          I don't get that...what Memphis expects has nothing to do with WSU...it's about the standards we've set for ourselves...we've proven we can do it.

Comment

I don't get that...what Memphis expects has nothing to do with WSU...it's about the standards we've set for ourselves...we've proven we can do it.
            Our fans are on their boards bugging them about their coach. It would annoy us too, so let's not earn a reputation as one of " those" fan bases. Just leave it alone boss. These are not our boards.

Comment

you're confusing personal feelings and simple business...to quote the Godfather, "It's not personal...It's strictly business."
              First of all, it's not business. You make no decisions. You are not affiliated with the coaching search. You're a worthless fan hanging out on someone else's message board.

Second. You just used a very ironic quote incorrectly. The Mafia kills people as part of their business. That quote was used to demonstrate that the Mafia had a sociopathic view of humanity and that they couldn't tell the difference between what was business (cheating the law for short term gain...very memphonian) and what was personal (murder).
              Livin the dream

Comment

You are correct you have nothing to do with WSU....you should leave.
                Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                  Well, this is a Wichita State message board, not a Memphis message board. Nobody's forcing anybody to come here. So quit acting like Mr. Mediator and take a break from the keyboard for a while if you can't handle it.
                  What is it with you that you have to jump on ANY comment made. I wasn't acting like Mr. Mediator and the only things I have trouble handling are hundreds and hundreds of comments you make that do nothing but try to disparage other posters. Sometimes you have a point but it gets lost in all the times you try to start an argument. I said nothing that you should have jumped on but YOU, the omnipotent FEVER, has to have the last word.

Comment

• Eh, we'll see how this plays out. If they get him they get him. Their fans coming here and shaking their dicks at us is just trashy though, no matter the outcome. They can all go eff themselves.

Comment

so far the Memphis fans are saying 'hey, we probably can't get your coach, but its sure worth throwing some $$$ at him and see what he says"

I guess I don't see the insult there...

If you think there is any chance that Gregg Marshall has the kind of character that can be purchased by $$$, then that, my friend, is VERY INSULTING to the man Gregg Marshall is. Now, if someone were to offer $$$ plus ALL THE OTHER THINGS, whether it is Memphis or whoever, that would not be insulting.
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

So are you the typical country bumpkin white trash most often associated with Tennessee or are you some sort of special white trash, perhaps from West Memphis?

Comment

• Why does Archie Miller not get more mentions? If 3G were to leave, i think this is the guy I would want.

Comment

• Why is everybody going for @UofMemphis:'s throat? He is ignorant about what makes Wichita special and therefore, like most other fan bases and many media types, really has no clue why his school isn't a better school to coach at than the Wichita State situation. But he's been friendly about it, really.
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• This is directed to the Memphis posters. Thanks for dropping by and complimenting our coach by showing your strong interest in him. Please leave it at that. Understand that many WSU fans on this board are having less and less tolerance for chest thumping by outsiders (if there is any reason we should have any tolerance to begin with). Respect our program, we'll respect yours.

When you hire your new coach (not Marshall), I'll wish you the best and hope that several of you (some have been here before and some have not) will drop by again. I enjoy outside input in college basketball discussions as long as any mud slinging (or it's just business :friendly_wink:) is left at the door.

Comment

• Alabama for 4.3m a year is a better job than memphis and i would also argue it has greater potential for recruiting.
                                Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

Working...
                                X