The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
    I just wish people/posters would quit spewing this kind of stuff. You don't know that money isn't an issue and if it were me (not Mr. Koch) writing those checks, I would make those comments an issue and have that deep well dry up. Unless your the one writing the big check, shut the heck up. No one speaks for Charles Koch but Charles Koch.
    True. That being said, the price to even begin the discussion is 4 mil. He has his players here, he's the big dog on campus, he doesn't want to rebuild, and his wife probably has her tomato plants for the season in the ground already.

He's not taking a pay cut to fix Memphis.

Comment

• I don't understand why money gets brought up in the first place. Even before Marshall got his huge raise most of us didn't think money would be the reason he left. If he ever leaves one of the top reasons would be our joke of a conference. If money ever becomes a determining factor our money will be there.

Comment

• So.. Is it acceptable to include vacated seasons in comparisons ? I've seen multiple Memphis fans say they have 3 final fours and double the NCAA appearances as WSU. Every time I bring up that they have 1 Final Four, and only 1 additional NCAA appearance without the vacated ones. Their response has been "can't act like they didn't happen".

Yes you can, because if you didn't cheat, you probably wouldn't have gotten the same players and then you wouldn't have been as good. Seems odd to include vacated seasons (which they have A LOT)

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
          So.. Is it acceptable to include vacated seasons in comparisons ? I've seen multiple Memphis fans say they have 3 final fours and double the NCAA appearances as WSU. Every time I bring up that they have 1 Final Four, and only 1 additional NCAA appearance without the vacated ones. Their response has been "can't act like they didn't happen".

Yes you can, because if you didn't cheat, you probably wouldn't have gotten the same players and then you wouldn't have been as good. Seems odd to include vacated seasons (which they have A LOT)
          C'mon Wichita folks. You guys have a shady past as well. Arguing about who cheated more in the past is stupid. Either he leaves or he doesnt. His name will be mentioned in every solid opening until he leaves or retires.

Comment

• Pot and kettle, and now we have representatives from the Illinois State Correctional Institute chiming in.

Comment

• Originally posted by isubirds89 View Post
              C'mon Wichita folks. You guys have a shady past as well. Arguing about who cheated more in the past is stupid. Either he leaves or he doesnt. His name will be mentioned in every solid opening until he leaves or retires.
              yep

Comment

We're not using our cheating to justify us being a top 20 job.

Comment

And we have paid our price. Our price just wasn't vacating NCAA appearances. But, we were prevented from participating. So, that fact solidifies the argument that if you cheat, and you vacate wins, they don't count; it's as if you never played them, because in reality you shouldn't have.

Comment

• Question: is having a shady past better or worse than having a shady current?

:)

Comment

To be fair, I would exclude anything vacated by WSU, as it officially doesn't count.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                        To be fair, I would exclude anything vacated by WSU, as it officially doesn't count.
                        Fair then. Just seen a few posts insinuating they are the only cheaters. I know yours was in the past and you paid the price. Think Cal got away with a lot more at Memphis than just the Derrick Rose thing.

Comment

Fair then. Just seen a few posts insinuating they are the only cheaters. I know yours was in the past and you paid the price. Think Cal got away with a lot more at Memphis than just the Derrick Rose thing.
                          It's just odd to include vacated seasons in your "bragging rights"

Comment

• We were never in any real danger of losing Marshall to Memphis. I'll just throw that out there.
                            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

It's always cute when the irrelevant folk chime in as if we give a flying ****.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                                We were never in any real danger of losing Marshall to Memphis. I'll just throw that out there.
                                Well.. thanks?

In other news, the sky is blue.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X