The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
    He has already experienced that scenario multiple times. What's your next thought?
    FIFY

Comment

• Originally posted by wichita View Post
      Let's not be naïve, Marshall will leave when there is a better offer from a major conference.
      The Assman

Comment

• Time for ADES to offer the $$$$ on the plane ride home.

Swear him in on Air Shox One; just like LBJ.
        The Assman

Comment

• Well Marshall's win total took a drop this year so I'm not sure why everyone is so big on him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
            Well Marshall's win total took a drop this year so I'm not sure why everyone is so big on him.
            Around 14% ;)
            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
              Well Marshall's win total took a drop this year so I'm not sure why everyone is so big on him.
              Alabama just saw his win total and said "30 wins?! That'd get us such a good bowl game!"

Comment

• Anyone else a little annoyed that the final week of our season had to be all about Alabama making an offer to Marshall. Of course, they were being "polite" by "waiting" until our season was over. Hope 3G feels the same. He had to field more questions about his job this week than he did about ND.

Comment

• I think it's another case of the media believing he will "obviously" be taking the best power 5 offer that gets made, so they wanted to jump on the story quickly in an effort to break the news. Marshall just cannot possibly be staying at WSU in a year where Alabama, Texas, Tennessee and Indiana may be flexing their muscles in front of him.

The takeaway for me is that it's still pretty cool to have a coach that is universally respected that much by everyone in the U.S. now. His list of schools he's turned down is as cool as his list of schools he now has important wins over.

Comment

• I think it's more that these AD's don't understand the type of man Gregg is. They can't believe that he truly means "talk to me after my season" when so many coaches take phone calls and offers no matter the timing. I think Alabama is used to being able to woo their prospective coaches and they felt that they needed to get out in front of any other offers. Which is pretty standard now with coaching searches. Hire a 3rd party to be the intermediary between the school and the coach which allows there to be communication even when it shouldn't be happening. If I'm not mistaken, I think Eddie Fogler is a guy who does coaching search consultant.
                    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• I personally think HCGM is waiting on Roy Williams to retire, which should be in a another year or 2. I really think that the job he is eying
                      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• XM 91, Kevin O'neill (Marquette and Tennesses and NBA spots) -- after talking about how the Tenn job was the best, terrific facilites and an undying fanbase (orange coveralls) and how his biggest career mistake was leavng UT, sioad "If I were Gregg, i would absolutely not leave Wichta. He is king and he can 25+ games every year and get to and run deep in the Tournament and has everything he could ever need. Winning = Happy!"
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                          I personally think HCGM is waiting on Roy Williams to retire, which should be in a another year or 2. I really think that the job he is eying
                          NC is one of those "family" jobs. I think Duke will be the same way.
                          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Coach Marshall doesn't want to hook up with someone else's coaching tree. So North Carolina is out of the question.

Maybe Alabama should go after Coach K. He's shown that he's a good recruiter (5-star players) and coach. The best Marshall has been able to get in recruiting is only a 4-star.

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                              I personally think HCGM is waiting on Roy Williams to retire, which should be in a another year or 2. I really think that the job he is eying
                              I have thought that as well. However, at this point he might want to wait until he sees what the fallout will be from the UNC academic scandal.

The only problem with this, of course, is that for now 3G may have set the job at UNC aside as a near-term possibility which increases the chances he might be more amenable to looking at jobs like Texas or even Alabama since his next stop, if there is a next stop, will very likely be his final coaching destination.
                              Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 27, 2015, 12:18 PM.

Comment

• "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Working...
                                X