The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FlyingWheat View Post
    Unfortunately, we haven't had much better than "meh" to go on this whole time.

And wasn't there a post earlier that said if Marshall went to Tuscaloosa our offer would go off the table?
    I don't know about your second question, but I trust Sullentrop's read on these situations more than I do for Forde.

Comment

• If ADES really has put together a comp package close to ~$3-4 million as reported, that is a remarkable sum that I wondered whether we could ever actually reach. We are definitely giving Gregg every reason to stay.

Comment

• This **** is getting old.

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
          Biggest long con in the history of the internet if so. He checks out.
          Yeah and i believe The Coach. Perhaps the AD had reason to be optimistic today and felt things were good. Leading to @The Coach: feeling good. Then Battle finds out and calls and says, "Gregg, at least bring your family down. Let me show them how much they will love it." Gregg then backs off and tells WSU he needs more time.

Things are always fluid
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Yo Mr Forde.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackandgold View Post
              My gut tells me he wants the Alabama job. I believe the family is what has prevented him from excepting the position at Alabama. That may change if they go to Alabama. I love coach Marshall but if he truly doesn't want to be here, the product on the floor will suffer. Maybe he is looking for a new challenge.
              If that's the case all that stuff about Wichita being a destination job and all that stuff about not wanting to rebuild was just stuff and not much else.

I would prefer someone who really means what he says and doesn't talk stuff.

He better get this soap opera over early next week or he will be shitting in his own nest, meaning if he stays, it will leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth and if he leaves, a worse taste.

Comment

• @kbohls: Statesman can confirm report by @gketch that Texas AD Steve Patterson flying to Richmond, bringing VCU's Shaka Smart to Austin.
                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by seskridge
                  Or he could have a life which we apparently all lack haha
                  Well, we're all in this no life thing together this week...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                    You're embarrassing yourself.

Lol, Whatever Bart....Keep drinking the koolaide, I'm a Marshall fan but he is not playing this out very well and IMO he wants to move on......I don't fault him he just needs to do it.

Comment

• Shockerfan, I think that is exactly what happened. From what I know, Gregg was to call Alabama today and turn down the offer. I think Battle got him to bring the family to Alabama.
                      Professional gas passer.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                        Well no doubt Sexton is obviously working his tail off to do what he can. His job can't be too easy right now.
                        All we can give is our best effort. If that isn't good enough we give our sincerest thanks to Coach Marshall for 8 great years and we move on to our next challenge. Have to give it up for the man that created the Golden Age of Shocker basketball and see what we can do to build on that.

If, in fact, Coach Marshall and family do take a trip to Tuscaloosa that is a bad sign for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                          I'm no longer laughing at Alabama. I hope 3G doesn't get on that plane.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheDover1018 View Post
                            I don't know about your second question, but I trust Sullentrop's read on these situations more than I do for Forde.
                            This gets back to my earlier point eons of posts ago. Local guys like Bohls @ the Statesman and Sullentrop at the Eagle have much better sources than the network talking heads. They have local connections that the major networks can't touch.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                              If that's the case all that stuff about Wichita being a destination job and all that stuff about not wanting to rebuild was just stuff and not much else.

I would prefer someone who really means what he says and doesn't talk stuff.

He better get this soap opera over early next week or he will be shitting in his own nest, meaning if he stays, it will leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth and if he leaves, a worse taste.
                              To be fair, he said Wichita could be a destination job if he wanted it to be.

Throw enough money at anyone and it will cloud their judgement. Time to chill a bit.
                              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Repeat:

Has this been posted? According to this source WSU's offer is in the neighborhood of $4 million. Staggering!

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-bas...ching-carousel
                                ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Working...
                                X