No announcement yet.

The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall visiting Bama is the April fools joke to set up the announcement of our offer. Marshall will coach WSU next season people.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushockerdude View Post
      Damn, you guys turn on this man SO quick. If he does stay, I can't wait to watch you all worship the ground he walks on again.

I mean, good Lord...I'd love to watch half of you try to turn down $4,000,000 when thinking of your family. Even if we were to sniff $3 mil, which I really doubt we can do, that's still a considerable raise. Point is, give the man some space.
      Post of the day IMO

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
        Why Friday?
        This is the curveball that makes me think there may be some misdirection here.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushockerdude View Post
          Damn, you guys turn on this man SO quick. If he does stay, I can't wait to watch you all worship the ground he walks on again.

I mean, good Lord...I'd love to watch half of you try to turn down $4,000,000 when thinking of your family. Even if we were to sniff $3 mil, which I really doubt we can do, that's still a considerable raise. Point is, give the man some space.
          Given his past statements, I'd say if what we've heard is true, money has corrupted him. If we offer him 3 mil and you don't mess with happy, I'd say that happy was worth less than a mil.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
            I have turned down a 25% raise to stay where i was happy. Quit looking at dollar amounts and talk percentages.
            Thanks for the quick math, really sharp. You can talk percentages all you want, but he could be thinking that this is $1,000,000 that could go to Kellen or Maggie. Every year. For many years.

Also....it's basketball. He's coaching a bunch of 18-22 year olds.
            "Say it slowly and savor it..."
            Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

• Either way Im not going to class tomorrow

Comment

• You can't buy much happiness for a million dollars. But you can rent some.
                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• And if my employer countered with market value, I would have taken it, provided I liked my job. You form connections at work and in your community, that's worth something.[/QUOTE]

This would imply that Alabama is offering above market value--I don't see anywhere noted that we've matched their offer (only that an enhanced package is being put together). I still believe Gregg is coaching at Koch next year for what it's worth. When he is coaching FVV and company to another Final Four next year nobody is even going to remember the agony of this week of waiting.
                  “I don’t believe in statistics. There are too many factors that can’t be measured. You can’t measure a ballplayer’s heart” – Red Auerbach

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                    You can't buy much happiness for a million dollars. But you can rent some.
                    You can make it rain on a bunch of strippers thus ensuring their happiness.

Comment

• Breaking
                      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                        Maybe there are three different entities, two competing for the services of a third, and the contracts being discussed are in the millions. It can take a week or two for these things to work out. I don't think Gregg goes, but my guess is almost as good as anyone. The only reason any one of you think that this is dragging out is because Marshall's name was dropped early. You guys didn't even know about the Missouri offer until about now in the process.
                        Gregg isn't going to Tuscaloosa to tell them the steak sucks and the wine does, too.

He's eating the steak and drinking the wine because he's trying to convince his family to leave. Either that, or he can't decide. I don't see him as indecisive, so there you go.

I would rather lose him to a destination, not a dump, but I guess a fresh coat of paint can even make an outhouse attractive to some.

Comment

• i am gonna take a deep breath and grab a beer.

I have decided to lean more on the "local sources" vs the national guys. Who knows where these leaks to the national media is coming from. Hell maybe Bama leaked that they were WANTING Marshall to visit Friday. Then the media took it and ran.

Who knows. Until he gets on a plane and goes down there I am gonna TRY not to worry about it lol
                          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post

Yes????

Comment

• O
                              Originally posted by dahill2424 View Post
                              I think we are all being a little quick to jump to negative conclusions here--anyone that has considered changing jobs that would require a move of your family likely spent more than 5 days thinking it through and discussing with family. Asking somebody to make a life-changing decision on such a short timeframe seems unreasonable, and something that we wouldn't expect of ourselves in a similar situation. I don't fault HCGM for thinking through his options and I think giving him some time to think through what is best for him is fair.

All that said, like most on this board I've probably refreshed this thread multiple thousands of times each of the last three days.
                              With all due respect you can't compare Gregg's case with one in the mortal world. If you and I were considering changing jobs, we wouldn't play it out in public. Our current boss would probably help us to accept the new position. I know what this process has really reinforced to me is that Gregg has a massive ego. The thing about it egos is it can certainly work for and against you.

Comment

• You know if we can offer 3mil + with how great WSU fan support is, even if 3G were to leave hard to feel bad about our future
                                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
                                X