The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seskridge
    Most profitable and can't win. game over. Marshall doesn't want Bama. It was leverage all along
    It's easy to turn a tidy profit when you have facilities fit for the Smithsonian and fans who don't care because they bought BB season tickets and never show up. And we all know the reason they don't show up is they bought BB season tickets so they would get more Bammie points toward their FB season tickets.

A never-ending cycle, I see.

Comment

• Okay, where's @TheCoach? He needs a beatin'.

Comment

• Originally posted by Randomdude15 View Post
        Listen.....HCAG was supposed to be a good coach and we all supported him until we could ALL tell he stopped caring. He walked around on the court with his arms crossed or sat with his head down. I only saw him get "mad" once all year and that doesn't cut it. When u support a coach every year and he acts like he doesn't care then attendance will drop and ur coach gets fired. The first few years he was there the fan base was excited and Coleman was packed! The last few years it hasn't and that's where u keep getting those pics from. We all care about basketball and want a good proven coach to lead us! Gregg Marshall knows it could be a good fit for him or he wouldn't even consider it. We HAVE been #1 in basketball before, ya know. Whether we get him or not isn't in my hands but I want him to do whats best for him and his family!
        And yet when our basketball program was down for over a decade we still averaged more ACTUAL fans IN SEATS than you do.

This argument is old. Your passion for basketball will NEVER match ours and it wont EVER be close. Only reason Marshall leaves would be for money. You offer NOTHING ELSE that Wichita State doesnt have in spades.

Just the way it is. You are in Football country. We are in Basketball country. Embrace it. Accept it.
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Nothing personal, Alabama fans, but it's probably not a good idea to come here and try to "put us in our place" with this going on. You will simply not get a positive response.

Comment

• Maybe HCAG was already silently shown the door. Alabama athletic department annual revenue -143 millionKoch Industries annual revenue-115 billionProfit comparison even uglier

Comment

• Originally posted by DPruett2333 View Post
              Okay, where's @TheCoach? He needs a beatin'.
              Could it have been an April Fool's joke? He had Kai totally sucked in.

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                @TravisHines21: Alabama offering up to $4 million to Gregg Marshall, per @YahooForde http://yhoo.it/1xASgZe

Sources: Wichita State's Gregg Marshall plans to visit Alabama on Friday

Marshall was an initial candidate at Texas but that courtship ended quickly, sources said.
                Just...ugh. Major ugh.

Comment

• @TheCoach seems to have disappeared. Not a good sign.....

Comment

• My gut tells me he wants the Alabama job. I believe the family is what has prevented him from excepting the position at Alabama. That may change if they go to Alabama. I love coach Marshall but if he truly doesn't want to be here, the product on the floor will suffer. Maybe he is looking for a new challenge.
                    Professional gas passer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                      Just...ugh. Major ugh.
                      This is the same guy who said that Marshall told Alabama "don't bother." As far as sources go he is a solid "meh" for me.

Comment

• Well no doubt Sexton is obviously working his tail off to do what he can. His job can't be too easy right now.
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                          Could it have been an April Fool's joke? He had Kai totally sucked in.
                          Biggest long con in the history of the internet if so. He checks out.
                          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by TheDover1018 View Post
                            This is the same guy who said that Marshall told Alabama "don't bother." As far as sources go he is a solid "meh" for me.
                            Unfortunately, we haven't had much better than "meh" to go on this whole time.

And wasn't there a post earlier that said if Marshall went to Tuscaloosa our offer would go off the table?

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                              Maybe Marshall feels that Bama still owes the whole family a steak dinner.

This is how everything looks to me; Wichita State officials thought Alabama was a real possibility so they did a ton of fundraising to present Marshall with a significant raise to stay at Wichita State. WSU officials thought Marshall would give an enthusiastic "Yes!" and sign on the dotted line immediately. Instead, Marshall responded "K" and is continuing on with his decision. This is all obviously speculation but this is how the whole thing looks like from someone with no inside info.

Comment

• Has this been posted? According to this source WSU's offer is in the neighborhood of $4 million. Staggering!

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-bas...ching-carousel
                                ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Working...
                                X