No announcement yet.

This has to be asked (South Carolina).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This has to be asked (South Carolina).

Does Coach interview for any avalible job next weekend? It will be crucial for the Gamecocks, Tigers, and Hoosiers to hire a coach. I don't think South Carolina and LSU will be hiring someone who will go deep in the tourney so the interview process will begin quickly. Indiana is another story.

It'd be hard for those schools to go after a guy who just finished 9th. I don't think he'll have any requests.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Some People on GameCock Central are still speaking highly of him. I think his years at Winthrop sill have people talking. He might not get the job but I would not be suprised if he gets an interview.

Comment

I really do not think this season hurts him all that much. I also fear that this winter from hell (speaking weather-wise) doesn't help our cause, either.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers
          I really do not think this season hurts him all that much. I also fear that this winter from hell (speaking weather-wise) doesn't help our cause, either.
          Nor does our lack of respect from Valley officials. You could definitely see coach getting fed up with it...with a 'here we go again' smile.

Comment

cool avatar henrytheshock

I do think he is fed up with the refs....
            for some reason - - I think he is so emotionally attached to these recruits coming in that he won't leave. He is ready to go after all of those MVC teams next season - -

Comment

his son's so attached to Garrett too

Comment

SEC refs suck too.

Comment

A very interesting dilemma from both Marshall's point of view and those teams searching for a new coach.

Does GM ever want to have to go through another season like this one? Sure he has some young new recruits coming in, but we are at least two seasons away from being very good. Will the MVC ever get the recognition it deserves? Will WSU?

And for those teams seeking a new coach. The fact that (even though we know there were scores of mitigating circumstances) he moved up to a tougher conference and was not successful has to be weighed. Obviously from their viewpoints, moving up to a high and mighty BCS conference has to be even a greater stretch than going from Winthrop to the MVC.

I, personally would be surprised that he is offered a position this year. But I was wrong back in 1976 and could be wrong again.

Comment

I am an optimist so I have to believe that South Carolina won't come callin and Coach Marshal will not want to leave so many recruits in the lurch... If it happened it would set our progam back several years assuming the recruits melt away when the coach bolts.......That just can't happen..We don't deserve it!

Comment

MT might become available :lol: :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by boyshocker
                        MT might become available :lol: :lol:
                        no thanks lol
                        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by melcong4
                          cool avatar henrytheshock

I do think he is fed up with the refs....
                          for some reason - - I think he is so emotionally attached to these recruits coming in that he won't leave. He is ready to go after all of those MVC teams next season - -
                          I agree, I think he has something to prove and will stay the course.

I guess we'll know more in a couple weeks.

Comment

Coach doesn't seem the type to leave a job as undone as this one currently is. Had we enjoyed a reasonably successful season, that would be different.

I believe having the bad season might be a blessing in a very ugly disguise. only winning 4 conference games doesn't look good no matter what way you look at it. Having the bad season will hopefully help keep him here longer than he might have otherwise stayed.

Comment

What I Did Last Summer and Why I Think Coach Marshall Stays

My summer was not interesting so allow me to move on to the other subject of my essay.

When Marshall agreed to accept the WSU job, he knew the situation at South Carolina and must have anticipated facing it within a year or two. I don't think he would have come here expecting to leave in that time-frame.

Marshall made a big jump from the Big South to the competitive MVC. Even with the troubles this year, an SEC or other BCS conference AD would be taking a major risk hiring a guy that just finished 9th in his first year in the conference.

Leaving now would likely put him in a situation to go through another year like this one, coaching someone else's players plus the leftovers he could grab late.

He has a solid class of his players coming in next year. You can hear the change in his voice when he talks about them. He's excited for the future at WSU.

And that concludes my essay about what I did last summer and why Coach Marshall will stay.

Comment

Working...
                              X