ILS Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post
    Really hope that doesn't put us at a 5 seed... never know with the committee. On the bright side, I'm sure the team will be fired up for the big tourney now.
    A 5 seed is now very likely.

Comment

• My gut tells me we drop to a 6. Sucks, but I think that will be what will happen.
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
        My gut tells me we drop to a 6. Sucks, but I think that will be what will happen.
        A 6 means we have a decent shot at Omaha.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
          A 5 seed is now very likely.
          seems optimistic....but you can never be sure if the committee going to reward season over a weekend, but my worse fears are it will be a 6.

Comment

• If isu wins tomorrow anyway they slide into the top 50 in the rpi?
            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
              If isu wins tomorrow anyway they slide into the top 50 in the rpi?
              At 62 right now. Another Top 20 win certainly makes it possible.
              78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                seems optimistic....but you can never be sure if the committee going to reward season over a weekend, but my worse fears are it will be a 6.
                . I would love a 6 instead of a 5. 12s beat 5s at a very high rate. 11s don't beat 6s nearly as often. I would love to play some of the overrated projected 3s in the 2nd round (ND, OU, NC.) it will be nice to play someone who doesn't know all our sets, but we have to play a little better than we played today. I think we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                  If a 6 seed is our worst fear then we're all pretty lucky sob Shocker fans. Bad day but a great time. Feel bad for the kids and the coaches. They deserve a better fate. More later.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                    At 62 right now. Another Top 20 win certainly makes it possible.
                    I really do hope they win. They played great today. They played like a team that can win a game in the dance. If they can somehow get in, the MVC is poised to make quite a showing.

Comment

• Look at it this way. We're not sweating an invite. We will be playing someone with a lower seed. After we win our 30th (for the 3rd year in a row) we will be in the Sweet 16.

That ain't chopped liver.
                      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• UNI loses more than antbody. We would be next.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          If a 6 seed is our worst fear then we're all pretty lucky sob Shocker fans. Bad day but a great time. Feel bad for the kids and the coaches. They deserve a better fate. More later.
                          I was thinking the same thing. Only if that could be my worst fear.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            Agreed. I wish things would have gone differently for the team, of course, but it is great to have the program elevated to the point where we gripe about a potential 6 seed. I know most bandwagon fans just think about the Final Four season, but this has been a magic carpet ride since the run to the NIT championship in 2011. And we haven't landed yet!
                            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• The hard part is that we haven't improved since December. Same weaknesses, same strengths. When we hit 3s, everything clicks and when we don't we have nothing else. We don't have size, we don't have penetration. We need to hit 3s, and unlike most Valley teams we don't have legions of cloned white boys born and raised for the task. For a team whose offense relies on one shot, we can go absolutely dead cold. All teams do when we miss is pack the paint and play zone, stopping both our drives and our posts. We aren't good in late-game situations because we don't run any plays except "watch Fred shoot a 3" and every team knows that. We have no consistent producers from the bench as well, not even Shaq.

We still have a really high level of play when we are hot, but we are not consistent. In the dance you need to play well every game to win, but only have to play bad once to lose. Luckily good backcourts usually do well in the dance, and Wichita State has the best, but unluckily we also have the smallest frontcourt in the tournament. Any team with a single quality post player can give us tremendous fits, and we'll have to really amp it up to win a game or two let alone go further. However, it says something that after ending in a crappy way we will get at least a 6 seed and make the tournament for the 4th year in a row for the first time.

Comment

• More Zach Brown.

Comment

Working...
                                X