No announcement yet.

Missouri Valley Conference Post Season Honors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would be upset, not insecure, if an award that I rightfully earned, that happened to have a large financial bonus tied to it, was given to someone else.

Comment

Surprised? Jacobson is a nice guy and it has to be spread around.

Comment

WSU has won the league 3 out of the last 4 years, only once having a player receive the PoY award.

Either our players are better than everyone is giving them credit for, or our coach is.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockeriffic View Post
          Fair enough. I still don't see how Carter makes it over someone like Daishon Knight though.
          Daishon Knight? True, he elevated his community service hours over the prior season, but I don't think that's what the voters were looking at.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
            Surprised? Jacobson is a nice guy and it has to be spread around.
            Lol hopefully that is sarcasm. Just in case, let me say this: No it doesnt need to be spread around. I hate the "everyone should get a trophy" mentality that is invading all levels of sports these days.

Anyway, my meter was going off. But it is time to get recalibrated. So wanted to vent a little more lol
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
              WSU has won the league 3 out of the last 4 years, only once having a player receive the PoY award.

Either our players are better than everyone is giving them credit for, or our coach is.
              Or maybe Kung Wu has won the MVC FoY award for 3 of those 4 years?
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

jacobson look-a-like (sorry, I'm on mobile so link probably won't work, but it's totally worth the cut and paste!):

http://villains.wikia.com/wiki/File:Robbie_Rotten.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

You act as if the BEST player on the team is the ONLY player on the team. This isn't an individual sport after all.

There is nothing logically wrong with saying:
                  UNI had the player of the year.
                  WSU had a better overall team.
                  Both teams had almost identical seasons.
                  Conclusion: UNI's coach deserves the award.

We can debate the talent evaluations of Team A and Team B, but the logic of "if this, then this" is very solid.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                    Lol hopefully that is sarcasm. Just in case, let me say this: No it doesnt need to be spread around. I hate the "everyone should get a trophy" mentality that is invading all levels of sports these days.

Anyway, my meter was going off. But it is time to get recalibrated. So wanted to vent a little more lol
                    Agreed, this isn't little league. Sad though, because that's exactly why he won. There was finally someone else that was in the ballpark for the beat writers of all the teams WSU has beat down over the last few years to vote for. They were just tired of Marshall winning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                      There is nothing logically wrong with saying:
                      UNI had the player of the year.
                      WSU had a better overall team.
                      Both teams had almost identical seasons.
                      Conclusion: UNI's coach deserves the award.
                      You make some terrible conclusions, but this one is up there.

IF WSU had a better overall team.
                      AND IF WSU won the league championship.
                      Conclusion: Coach Jacobson built a less-good team and coached them to a less-good result, and is therefore the best coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        Both Coaches had COY worthy years. UNI had the POY but no other All-Conference players outside a couple of HM's. 3G had the reigning POY, 2 preseason All-Americans, the Valley Defensive Player of the year, 3 All-Conference players and 1 honorable mention, etc.

I have no problem whatsoever with Jacobson winning this award and I doubt that 3G does either. He doesn't strike me as being that insecure nor should he be.
                        Truth be known, HCGM would probably prefer winning championships and hanging banners.
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• UNI split with Wichita State so I'm trying to figure out why you guys think just because you won the regular season title you guys are miles ahead of where UNI is at. We still don't know who is better yet because they will most likely play again in the championship game. Who wins that game. That to me is the team that is better.

Comment

• Originally posted by PantherSon View Post
                            UNI split with Wichita State so I'm trying to figure out why you guys think just because you won the regular season title you guys are miles ahead of where UNI is at. We still don't know who is better yet because they will most likely play again in the championship game. Who wins that game. That to me is the team that is better.
                            We won at Evansville, you lost. We're better.

Comment

• Originally posted by PantherSon View Post
                              UNI split with Wichita State so I'm trying to figure out why you guys think just because you won the regular season title you guys are miles ahead of where UNI is at. We still don't know who is better yet because they will most likely play again in the championship game. Who wins that game. That to me is the team that is better.
                              The Champ is the Champ until they are dethroned and we weren't dethroned in the regular season and finished ahead of UNI. What's so hard to understand about that??

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

We know that. 3G is clearly the best Coach over the last 6 years for sure. But that has nothing to do with an annual award.

Get upset over a real injustice like Tekele being left off the 1st team. That is what has me seeing a little red and I suggest the same goes for 3G and Tekele's teammates.

Of course, the one I will never get over is Alex Harden being totally jobbed out of the Women's Vallley POY award last year. Now that was a blatant miscarriage of justice.

Comment

Working...
                                X