Missouri Valley Conference Post Season Honors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
    Truth be known, HCGM would probably prefer winning championships and hanging banners.

Comment

• Originally posted by PantherSon View Post
      UNI split with Wichita State so I'm trying to figure out why you guys think just because you won the regular season title you guys are miles ahead of where UNI is at. We still don't know who is better yet because they will most likely play again in the championship game. Who wins that game. That to me is the team that is better.
      Who wins the regular season is much more telling than who wins a 3 game tourney. No question WSU was the better team during the regular conference season. Not MILES better, but better none the less. And that is more impressive than whoever wins the tourney
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Who wins sunday will tell us who is better

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
          We won at Evansville, you lost. We're better.
          And we got the big prize. A Missouri Valley Conference Championship Trophy and we get to hang a banner next year.

Comment

Who wins sunday will tell us who is better
            So ... If Il-State gets hot and wins sunday .. they are best?

Comment

Who wins sunday will tell us who is better
              Lol no. Did you not read my post? WSU has already proven who was better by doing it over the whole conference season. They were 1 game better than UNI. End of story
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Just like who wins the NCAA tourney isn't necessarily the best TEAM. It is the hottest team that wins it. Still fun and that is what makes the tourney great, but it still doesn't mean the best team always wins a single elimination tourney

Comment

• To really establish the superior team you probably need to have a best of 7 playoff and even that just determines the best team at the point in time of that series.

Hard to beat the long grind of an 18-game home-and-home conference season for determining a true champion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                    You make some terrible conclusions, but this one is up there.

IF WSU had a better overall team.
                    AND IF WSU won the league championship.
                    Conclusion: Coach Jacobson built a less-good team and coached them to a less-good result, and is therefore the best coach.
                    Do you believe that coach of the year awards should only go to the team that wins the conference? If not, what would be an example where you would give it to someone else?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      To really establish the superior team you probably need to have a best of 7 playoff.
                      I agree. And that would take some of the magic and fun out of the big dance. I love it the way it is!

Comment

UNI split with Wichita State so I'm trying to figure out why you guys think just because you won the regular season title you guys are miles ahead of where UNI is at. We still don't know who is better yet because they will most likely play again in the championship game. Who wins that game. That to me is the team that is better.
                        Seriously, are you trolling? I mean, if we follow your logic, let's take the trophy away from Jacobsen (not that he doesn't deserve it) UNTIL the winner of the game Sunday. The winner of the game Sunday should get CoY, right?

I can take that trophy back for you right now, if that's what you meant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                          Do you believe that coach of the year awards should only go to the team that wins the conference? If not, what would be an example where you would give it to someone else?
                          Overachievers like Lansing rightfully get some votes. I guess the next question would be do we look at season as a whole or strictly performance in the conference?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            To really establish the superior team you probably need to have a best of 7 playoff.
                            Perhaps. But outside of that, the Valley essentially has the best possible measure of determining a league champion. and 18-game schedule where each team plays every other team both at home and on the road.

This year is setting an interesting precedent. Did you either (A)Finish close to WSU of (B)Defeat WSU in a game? Good work, you get PoY and CoY.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              The Valley.

If you ain't 1st, you're 2nd. And if you're 2nd, you're 1st.
                              My thoughts exactly.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                                Overachievers like Lansing rightfully get some votes. I guess the next question would be do we look at season as a whole or strictly performance in the conference?
                                Well I know some voters only look at Conference play at least for All-Conference voting. The INS beat writer publicly stated that is all he looks at. Some will look at the overall season. I think it is pretty much left up to each voter on how he or she wants to look at it.

No doubt some will vote for anyone but a WSU coach or player just because they don't like us or they just don't think the same guys should win every year.

Comment

Working...
                                X