No announcement yet.

Marshall to Texas offseason rumors...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach Marshall would get the WORLD at Texas. Everything a coach wants and needs is at Texas. The big problem however is that Texas would immediately be under investigation by the NCAA and more than likely be put on probation.

Why you ask...???

Because Bill Self would resign at kansas after having a mental breakdown...move to a subdivision outside of Calcutta (to hide)...and the chickenhawk administration would demand the NCAA to penalize Texas for tampering the leagues' assumed "pecking order". Pun intended.
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• I wonder why Bob Lutz has never moved into a bigger, better market? Surely there are better newspapers than the Eagle.

Comment

• Part of me thinks that in the unlikely event HCGM would consider leaving before FVV's and RB's senior year, a certain Mr. Koch would write him a check that would convince him to stay.
        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxtastic View Post
          If Barnes doesn't make the NCAA Tournament I would be SHOCKED if he is still the Texas head coach by the time the Final Four rolled around.
          I'd be shocked if the fan base hasn't moved on to football by the time of the FF!

Comment

• No chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
              I wonder why Bob Lutz has never moved into a bigger, better market? Surely there are better newspapers than the Eagle.
              Because Bob is happy and he's always said, "Don't mess with happy".
              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                Because Bob is happy and he's always said, "Don't mess with happy".
                no matter what people think about Lutz, if he in fact said that, then good for him.

I think guys like Mark Few who could easily make a jump somewhere else kind of are the mode to look at...you are in a place where you ARE king, you are well compensated, the life is good...enjoy it.

Or I HOPE that is the mode here...

Comment

• Speaking of Mark Few, it seems as though his name is not mentioned as often when jobs open up. Could it be that the P5 people, the national media finally accept his desire to stay where he is?
                  Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Speaking of Mark Few, it seems as though his name is not mentioned as often when jobs open up. Could it be that the P5 people, the national media finally accept his desire to stay where he is?
                    I wonder the same...the Peterson guy at Boise apparently turned down a TON of jobs until one day he didn't, so maybe THEY don't even know....

Comment

• Why go to a football school in a football conference? Surely he watched Mark T and what happened to him in the Big 1 conference. The bigger worry is if Roy pulls the plug at UNC; I could see GM taking that job if offered.

Comment

• The NCAA is more likely to pull the plug on UNC than Roy pulling the plug at UNC.....and I don't think the NCAA is going to to ANYthing.

Comment

• Ever since Mike Kennedy brought up Marshall to Texas on Soren Petro's shoe in KC, this is getting way too much attention. There's even a 3 page thread on phog.net talking about it. One way or the other, Marshall concerns KU fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                            no matter what people think about Lutz, if he in fact said that, then good for him.

I think guys like Mark Few who could easily make a jump somewhere else kind of are the mode to look at...you are in a place where you ARE king, you are well compensated, the life is good...enjoy it.

Or I HOPE that is the mode here...
                            Gregg continually points to Mark Few and what he's done at Gonzaga as his model for what he's trying to do at Wichita State so I think it's safe to say that when he stops saying that, he's either built the "new Gonazaga" at WSU or was full of ****. I'm banking on the former.

Comment

Speaking of Mark Few, it seems as though his name is not mentioned as often when jobs open up. Could it be that the P5 people, the national media finally accept his desire to stay where he is?
                              Few was a grad assistant at Gonzaga in 1989 and has never left.

Comment

• Originally posted by washedup View Post
                                Ever since Mike Kennedy brought up Marshall to Texas on Soren Petro's shoe in KC, this is getting way too much attention. There's even a 3 page thread on phog.net talking about it. One way or the other, Marshall concerns KU fans.
                                If he were to leave, what better way to do it than for him to terrorize KU, year after year, in the process.

Comment

Working...
                                X