Marshall to Texas offseason rumors...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr. Obvious View Post
    Few was a grad assistant at Gonzaga in 1989 and has never left.
    Mark Few knows the saga of Dan Monson quite well.

Comment

• I would think Shaka makes more sense if UT opens up this year. VCU is struggling, whereas WSU is going strong. Shaka might be looking at something closer to a bare cupboard than HCGM is because he's got some good ones graduating. He's the guy I would go for if it were me. He has a great resume, and he might also be "gettable."

None of this will happen, though, because UT is going to win the Big 12 tournament and make a top 10 sized run in the Dance. :)

Comment

• I think and with what I hope happens at UNC that rules marshall out for years to come going there. I think they need the hammer dropped on the athetlic department and the basketball and football teams heavily punished.

Duke is the one I think would be best for Marshall, but as others pointed out they like the Duke coaching tree.. which so far has done squat

Comment

• The Duke coaching tree is actually the Bobby Knight coaching tree ... of which K has been the only viable offshoot.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
            Speaking of Mark Few, it seems as though his name is not mentioned as often when jobs open up. Could it be that the P5 people, the national media finally accept his desire to stay where he is?
            Don't expect the media to ever stop putting Marshall to XYZ blue blood. He likes to be wooed, and will continue visiting these programs even if he never takes another job.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• I can't for the life of me see Shaka Smart working out at Texas. Shaka, in my mind, is the epitome of the Notherner/Easterner -- Maybe Northeasterner? LOL. Send that guy down to Texas and you have a serious fish out of water situation, in my opinion. I'm not saying he wouldn't go for the right amount of cash -- I'm just saying it wouldn't last long. Culturally, that's just an awkward fit.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                I can't for the life of me see Shaka Smart working out at Texas. Shaka, in my mind, is the epitome of the Notherner/Easterner -- Maybe Northeasterner? LOL. Send that guy down to Texas and you have a serious fish out of water situation, in my opinion. I'm not saying he wouldn't go for the right amount of cash -- I'm just saying it wouldn't last long. Culturally, that's just an awkward fit.
                No matter what happens, we must keep the multi-talented Kung Wu here in Wichita and SN.
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• This thread is like SN's hemorrhoid. It is so asinine someone needs to kill it with fire (which is of course not recommended for a literal hemorrhoid).

I've held my tongue and not posted in it since I was hoping everyone would ignore it and it would fade into obscurity, but since that's not happening I guess I'll say my peace. Eff this thread and its epic ridiculousness.

Comment

Working...
                  X