Storming the court

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Manhattan_Shocker View Post
    The article mentions Marshall has experienced "his fair share" of court storms after his teams have lost, yet I can't think of that happening once.
    I know that Drake courtstormed after beating us a few years ago. That's the only one I can recall.
    ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Wichita Eagle: Big 12 Reprimands K-State

Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowslby said the league would look into prohibiting spectators from entering the playing field, which the Southeastern Conference punishes with fines for schools up to $50,000.

“The Big 12 Conference does not currently have a policy prohibiting spectators entering playing areas of our contests,” Bowlsby said. “We also do not have policies governing foul language and inappropriate chants within our venues. I have asked that discussions on both of these topics be placed on the agendas for the next meetings of the ADs and of the CEOs."

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
        I know that Drake courtstormed after beating us a few years ago. That's the only one I can recall.
        Did UNI or SIU courtstorm the following year?

Comment

Originally posted by Manhattan_Shocker View Post
          The article mentions Marshall has experienced "his fair share" of court storms after his teams have lost, yet I can't think of that happening once.
          2010 and 2013 Arch Madness title games
          UNI 2013 (you'll see it on Final Four DVD)
          I suppose it might have happened against SIU in 2013
          Drake might have in 2008 when they celebrated their MVC championship on their senior day

That's what's coming to mind for me.
          78-65

Comment

I know this an old topic, but it comes up frequently.

I read this morning that a newspaper reporter suffered a compound leg fracture during the court storming at Iowa State last night.

I see some changes coming now.

Comment

Why in the world are Iowa State fans storming the court as the No.4 team in the nation after a win over an unranked team?

What a mid major fanbase.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

pretty trashy... but what else would you expect from iowa state.. after this year, they'll slide back into mediocrity.

Comment

He thinks? Not trampled just locked legs? Sounds like pandamonium to me. I look for the conferences or NCAA to outright ban this soon.

Comment

The B12 put rules in place about this when it was K-State doing it. Will they stick to those rules when it's one of their upper tier teams instead of little ole K-State?
                      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                        He thinks? Not trampled just locked legs? Sounds like pandamonium to me. I look for the conferences or NCAA to outright ban this soon.
                        I think he's just clarifying his leg wasn't broken from being trampled, but from locking legs. I think it is safe to say he wouldn't have a broken leg if there wasn't a court storming, so yeah I agree with you they'll look for banning this custom sooner than later.
                        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                          I think he's just clarifying his leg wasn't broken from being trampled, but from locking legs. I think it is safe to say he wouldn't have a broken leg if there wasn't a court storming, so yeah I agree with you they'll look for banning this custom sooner than later.
                          Isn't he a long time Iowa State beat reporter? If so, I would think there is an interest for him to make it look like Iowa State did as little wrong as possible.

Comment

I've never stormed a court, but if it's gonna be banned I want to get one in this season. Hmmm, I've never streaked either. Maybe it's time Kung Wu cut loose on Koch Arena and get the full college experience? $50 says I make it all the way to the other end of the court!
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              $50 says I make it all the way to the other end of the court!
                              So you're saying it's gonna take them longer than 45 seconds to catch you??

Comment

Wear a gorilla mask, and you can be King Kung Wu!
                                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                                X