No announcement yet.

#15 Wichita State @ Illinois State Official Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excellent road win. We stayed in control most of the time and played good basketball. The only exception were some sloppy turnovers
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
      Yes. Highest win % of any player in D1 in the last 15 years..
      I'm sure there's a minimum number of games you have to have played in because otherwise, there are players on the Shockers team that haven't lost any games they've played in over the last couple of seasons.

Comment

• Great defense, and the rebounding effort was just through the roof. Cotton was boarding like he was 6'10. Evan hit a few threes and if he could do that on a consistent basis that would be huge going down the stretch. I liked the defense from Morris and Kelly. The one concern I do have is point production off the bench, only 6 points compared to ISU's 23. We've seen Morris and Kelly give us production on occasion but really as far as points from any guards coming off the bench that has really been non-exsistent. Im hoping we can get Zach Brown back soon and get him back in the flow before NIU and the post season. He seems to have the best chance to contribute right now. This game was the one road game remaining that gave me the most concern and our leaders came threw even though we didnt shoot well....the 28th will be here before we know it...

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
          Extremely short bench tonight. Sign of our March rotation or just circumstance?
          Keep in mind that the bench has been shortened by Zach Brown's injury. He's averaging over 10 minutes / game in the 19 games he's played, and he's been getting better and more productive as the season goes along. With his size, skills, and athletic ability, if he had been healthy he could reasonably have been expected to contribute 10-15 minutes of useful play, including some scoring, at SG / SF. That workload fell on Cotton, Wessel, and Baker instead, and it was very timely that Wessel had arguably his best game of the year to pick up the slack.

Brown still has two weeks to recover before the UNIs invade Wichita, so maybe he can come back and be this year's late season and postseason secret weapon. Meanwhile, wouldn't it be great if Wessel can replicate this game? He played this way a couple of years ago before the finger injury, so we know he can do it, and what a terrific asset he'd be if he can keep it going the rest of the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
            I'm sure there's a minimum number of games you have to have played in because otherwise, there are players on the Shockers team that haven't lost any games they've played in over the last couple of seasons.
            I wonder what that minimum is because if the stats are correct on goshockers.com, J.R. Simon is 36-0 in games he's played in. I realize that says more about kids like Wessel, Baker, Cotton and VanVleet but still.....

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
              Most of these comparisons are lookin juniors and seniors..
              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Look-a-likes

Is that you Reggie?

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• BENCH STRENGTH
                  Illinois State's reserves outscored the Shockers' 23-6. Kyle McIntosh had nine points off the bench and John Jones had eight for the Redbirds.

Illinois State bench better than WSU bench 6-12.

Comment

Working...
                  X