#15 Wichita State @ Illinois State Official Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    This Shocker team has players who know how to win better than ILS at every spot on the roster 1 through 12.
    Excellent observation, 1972. I wonder how Giacoletti missed that?

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
      Dont get how the official on the baseline can make that call
      I could try to explain it to you, but 10 minutes later you would continue to argue with me.

That is all.
      Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• They might end up being a real ***** of a team soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          They might end up being a real ***** of a team soon.
          I really like Purcell, Lynch and McIntosh. Anyone that thinks Paris Lee or Bobby Hunter > Fred VanVleet and/or Ron Baker is a certified moron.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
            I could try to explain it to you, but 10 minutes later you would continue to argue with me.

That is all.
            Oh did the same thing happen at the Y this weekend?

Comment

Not only that but the Shocks second win of the season against a team with more talent at every spot on the roster 1 through 12. And the Shocks managed to win today even thought the shot poorly from the field.

Seriously, though I do think Illinois State has pretty good talent and athleticism on this team. The Shocks did a yeoman's job on Daishon Knight after he torched the Shocks in Koch Arena.

This Shocker team has players who know how to win better than ILS at every spot on the roster 1 through 12.
              Redbird's biggest problem is coaching. Marshall or Jacobsen, or Lansing > Muller. I would suspect a few other conference coaches with the Redbird talent would do more than Muller, such as Ford, Giacallete.
              ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                Redbird's biggest problem is coaching. Marshall or Jacobsen, or Lansing > Muller. I would suspect a few other conference coaches with the Redbird talent would do more than Muller, such as Ford, Giacallete.
                Given that Barry has already beaten him without the best 1-12 advantage, it's safe to put him in that group as well.

Comment

• Illinois State game write up from Redbirds beat writer:

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

That is all.
                    Honestly i have officiated before but not to the level of you im sure. So correct me if im wrong but dont every official have their own area they watch and isn't it forbidden to make a call out of their area?
                    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Articles from Fred's home town newspaper after the Illinois State game:

Comment

Articles from Fred's home town newspaper after the Illinois State game:

http://www.rrstar.com/article/201502...2/10454/SPORTS
                        Great quote from the article:
                        Van Vleet, figuratively, keeps climbing higher. He could make 41 consecutive turnovers and still have the best assist-to-turnover ratio in school history
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Cubs: Tinker to Evers to Chance

Shockers: Cotton to VanVleet to Wessel

I loved that play. I will not forget it for a long time. Every aspect of it was excellence.
                          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                            Great quote from the article:
                            41 consecutive turnovers sounds delicious :)

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                              Honestly i have officiated before but not to the level of you im sure. So correct me if im wrong but dont every official have their own area they watch and isn't it forbidden to make a call out of their area?
                              Actually, that is a very fair question.

Yes, we do have our primaries, but we also referee the 'fringe' of an adjacent, especially if the primary gets stacked or straight lined.
                              In the particular play yesterday, the trail was the primary of the competitive match up. However, the same match up was on the fringe of the leads area too. The particular foul occurred to the inside of the trail official and he certainly did not have a good view. The lead picked it up and made the call on what was an obvious foul.

We are also aware of who has made the most recent foul calls.
                              For example, if I have made 3 straight calls and reported, we will glance at each other and signal. When the next foul occurs and is on or even close to fringe of our primary, the other official will take, so to 'balance the floor." I can assure you if one official makes too many calls in a row, he will hear about it from the offended coach. It's all part of the game within the game.

Hope this helps!

That is all.
                              Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Thanks ShockRef. That is interesting stuff to me as a fan who has played and watched plenty of basketball but has never referreed before.

I complain about refs sometimes, but generally respect what they do and the quick reaction times they are forced into. It's a tough job and I respect the skills and am intrigued by the procedures that are followed.

Comment

Working...
                                X