#15 Wichita State @ Illinois State Official Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
    Blue collar road win against a Top 100 team. I am ecstatic.

Great win Shockers!
    Not only that but the Shocks second win of the season against a team with more talent at every spot on the roster 1 through 12. And the Shocks managed to win today even thought the shot poorly from the field.

Seriously, though I do think Illinois State has pretty good talent and athleticism on this team. The Shocks did a yeoman's job on Daishon Knight after he torched the Shocks in Koch Arena.

This Shocker team has players who know how to win better than ILS at every spot on the roster 1 through 12.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      Not only that but the Shocks second win of the season against a team with more talent at every spot on the roster 1 through 12. And the Shocks managed to win today even thought the shot poorly from the field.

Seriously, though I do think Illinois State has pretty good talent and athleticism on this team. The Shocks did a yeoman's job on Daishon Knight after he torched the Shocks in Koch Arena.

This Shocker team has players who know how to win better than UNI at every spot on the roster 1 through 12.
      It was a very good win... showed toughness that could pay dividends in March. Perhaps the best thing of many is how our bigs stayed out of foul trouble..
      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• We just swept preseason number one!

Comment

• Cotton brings in so many positive things to each game. Tonight it was defense as always but the 10 rebounds all equal possessions which were very handy tonight for the Shocker road warriors.
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

This Shocker team has players who know how to win better than ILS at every spot on the roster 1 through 12.
            I agree that they have a lot of talent. They're just poorly coached.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
              We just swept preseason number one!
              You mean the one vote wonder, don't you?
              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Shox struggled offensively tonight. Credit to ISUr for that.

Good night for Wessel to chip in with 12 points on 50% shooting, and 4/4 FTs.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheYeti
                  I would go read the Redbird board, but I simply do not care.
                  If you did you would find most of their anger directed at Dashon Knight and Dan Mueller.
                  Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                    If you did you would find most of their anger directed at Dashon Knight and Dan Mueller.
                    There also is a "I hate Gregg Marshall" thread.

Again, you hate the people that own you. And so it goes.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                      We just swept preseason number one!
                      Dan is one smart man. I'm glad the extra vote of confidence helped his team out this year.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                        Both. Our bench is a circumstance...
                        A nice choice of words. Sorta like work in progress.
                        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Tonight was a nice improvement on rebounds for us versus our game in Wichita even though the birds had all of their players tonight unlike the game here. It is always nice to give the birds some Shock tweetment, especially on Valentines Day. This is a sign we are still improving and we beat them easier than UNI did at Normal. I loved the dunk by Kelly which fouled out Lynch. The fire in his belly though must be contained, especially in such close games. FVV grabbed him and pushed him the other way but it was too late. Kelly is going to continue to improve and I like his motor. Cotton cleaned glass tonight and those 10 or so possessions came in might handy. He is just another great example of how players improve here through their careers at WSU. Wessel had a nice game and we always know he is giving it his all, where he is supposed to be, and out to help us win which he is very used to doing.
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Not only that but the Shocks second win of the season against a team with more talent at every spot on the roster 1 through 12. And the Shocks managed to win today even though they shot poorly from the field.

Seriously, though I do think Illinois State has pretty good talent and athleticism on this team. The Shocks did a yeoman's job on Daishon Knight, after he torched the Shocks in Koch Arena.

Well played.

The Red Birds' problem has nothing to do with athleticism or skills.

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                              Cotton brings in so many positive things to each game. Tonight it was defense as always but the 10 rebounds all equal possessions which were very handy tonight for the Shocker road warriors.
                              Aggression in the paint was outstanding.

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
                                I agree that they have a lot of talent. They're just poorly coached.
                                Plus lack of brains.

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
                                X