ESPN Gameday on Feb. 28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
    Longer than normal break. We could no back to talking about next years scholarship situation. Or we could further discuss Coach's swearing habits, if that's what what you prefer. :)
    I wonder what you mother****ers think about next year's scholarship situation.......

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      Looks like a lot of hand wringing going on here until Saturday.
      This post leads me to believe somebody knows something...

And I trust this person about a million times more than a rambling Bruce.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        I wonder what you mother****ers think about next year's scholarship situation.......
        ;)

That winky smiley thing was just for you @pinstripers: because I know how much you like it.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          So we can say this and not *****????????

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            This post leads me to believe somebody knows something...

And I trust this person about a million times more than a rambling Bruce.

Thanks, but to be clear and to keep this from turning into a 20 page thread, I don't know anything. And I believe if there was something TO know, at least as of yesterday, I would know it. I believe it's still to be determined, but obviously it's in the mix.

Comment

Thanks, but to be clear and to keep this from turning into a 20 page thread, I don't know anything. And I believe if there was something TO know, at least as of yesterday, I would know it. I believe it's still to be determined, but obviously it's in the mix.
              Damn it. Thanks for the clarification though.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Looks like a lot of hand wringing going on here until Saturday.
                No hand wringing here at least as far as whether or not GameDay shows up. It would be great if they did but not the end of the world if they didn't. Now I may wring my upper extremities a little bit on Sunday and next Wednesday. I really want the Shocks and the Panthers to win their remaining two games prior to the 28th, GameDay or not, but perhaps especially if Gameday is here.

Wichita State (25-3, 16-1) vs Northern Iowa (27-2, 16-1) for the Championship of the Missouri Valley Conference. Gameday or not I would be revved up. And then just for the fun of it let's follow that up with another Championship game with the Panthers in St. Louis.
                Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 19, 2015, 01:37 PM.

Comment

• ESPN really has an opportunity to grow the MVC audience nationally simply by acknowledging the MVC is a pretty good conference by sending the Game Day crew to Wichita. They have the opportunity to showcase two Top-13 teams (if not Top-10 by Feb 28th) playing for the MVC Championship.

Imagine all the eyebrows going up as college basketball fans around the country turned on the tv seeing the Game Day crew in Wichita. Most college basketball fans across the country would probably be surprised by this and probably give some viewing time to the Shockers and Panthers because there would be the perception that this MUST be a really good game worth tuning in to between two really good teams. I mean if the ESPN GAME DAY crew is there...it must be a GREAT match-up right???? The curiosity factor would be monumental.

But...I happen to believe that college sports is a huge division between the haves and the have nots. The good ole boy network if you will. Texas at Kansas or Arizona at Utah is a safer bet for the network. ESPN certainly doesn't want to step out of that paradigm. It would be too risky and could/would set a precedent that other teams from "other" conferences are actually worthy.
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                    ESPN really has an opportunity to grow the MVC audience nationally simply by acknowledging the MVC is a pretty good conference by sending the Game Day crew to Wichita. They have the opportunity to showcase two Top-13 teams (if not Top-10 by Feb 28th) playing for the MVC Championship.

Imagine all the eyebrows going up as college basketball fans around the country turned on the tv seeing the Game Day crew in Wichita. Most college basketball fans across the country would probably be surprised by this and probably give some viewing time to the Shockers and Panthers because there would be the perception that this MUST be a really good game worth tuning in to between two really good teams. I mean if the ESPN GAME DAY crew is there...it must be a GREAT match-up right???? The curiosity factor would be monumental.

But...I happen to believe that college sports is a huge division between the haves and the have nots. The good ole boy network if you will. Texas at Kansas or Arizona at Utah is a safer bet for the network. ESPN certainly doesn't want to step out of that paradigm. It would be too risky and could/would set a precedent that other teams from "other" conferences are actually worthy.
                    I hear a lot of the logic, and it makes complete sense. The only thing about that logic that doesn't is the fact they were at SMU last weekend. But I would not be surprised at all to see them at a major conference game. Maybe this is the weekend they go off their 'grid' though and it finally happens. We'll know sooner than later, I feel like. The Hawks and Texas both losing certainly doesn't hurt the cause.

Comment

• How far in advance does ESPN have to make this decision? They obviously would prefer that neither the Shocks or Panthers lose either of their next two games.

Once they make the decision are they locked in?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxtastic View Post
                        I hear a lot of the logic, and it makes complete sense. The only thing about that logic that doesn't is the fact they were at SMU last weekend. But I would not be surprised at all to see them at a major conference game. Maybe this is the weekend they go off their 'grid' though and it finally happens. We'll know sooner than later, I feel like. The Hawks and Texas both losing certainly doesn't hurt the cause.
                        Maybe "testing" out that Dallas market??? Wonder what the ratings were for that game???
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          How far in advance does ESPN have to make this decision? They obviously would prefer that neither the Shocks or Panthers lose either of their next two games.

Once they make the decision are they locked in?
                          There is supposed to be a decision this Saturday.

Comment

• If it doesn't come for this game, then it will never come.
                            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• I guess I shouldn't be so quick to dismiss the Bruce. He does fly with the team and stays pretty close with them and the coaches with the TV thing.

I still don't wanna get my hopes up so I'll continue to expect the nod to be given to the Mecca of college basketball, with a huge matchup looming with a .500 conference record opponent upcoming.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Gameday is on from 10-11 in the morning.

I know typically, the game they have is in "prime time", but just because the game is @ 1 doesn't mean it's a no-go.
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X