ESPN Gameday on Feb. 28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
    Which reminds me. When did Jenn Sturger come to town, and did we win that game? :-)
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
      I keep hearing that UNI played out of their minds at home against the Shox because it was their “Super Bowl”…

and yet…

I also now hear people saying that WSU would be distracted and wouldn’t play as well if Game Day were to come to town and hype this game up to “Super Bowl” levels.

Shouldn’t the “Super Bowl Effect” work the same each time? Call it an advantage. Call it a disadvantage. Just be consistent please.
      Are you just post padding now?
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
        Loss to Southern Illinois 46-54....in 2007. We finished the year 17-14. SIU was 29-7 and won the Valley. So, I guess that could have been a Super Bowl game for us.. #FAIL
        Last edited by jocoshock; February 10, 2015, 04:28 PM.
        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
          Loss to Southern Illinois 46-54....in 2007. We finished the year 17-14. SIU was 29-7 and won the Valley. So, I guess that could have been a Super Bowl game for us.. #FAIL
          Yes, I would want to win the "Super Bowl" game and the Valley title, however the publicity leading up to and during the game would be difficult to place a value on even in a "Super Bowl" defeat. No, I wouldn’t give my left nut for ‘Gameday’ in Wichita, but I might consider a kick in the nuts.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Yes, I would want to win the "Super Bowl" game and the Valley title, however the publicity leading up to and during the game would be difficult to place a value on even in a "Super Bowl" defeat. No, I wouldn’t give my left nut for ‘Gameday’ in Wichita, but I might consider a kick in the nuts.

Beck should have done that to Kanye at the Grammys.
            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
              Who are you addressing with this blanket statement?
              I see that jocoshock has distanced himself from all the "Super Bowl" comments that have been made by other posters. I shouldn't have implied that he was being inconsistent, as this is more of an example of jocoshock disagreeing with other posters than it is of him being inconsistent.

However, what interests me now is if those who were on the "it was UNI's Super Bowl" bandwagon will now stay consistent and argue that Game Day coming to Wichita would be to the Shockers' advantage. It seems like anyone who endlessly argued the first point would have to feel equally strong about the second.

Comment

Everyone line up. It is time to be judged by the great and powerful JH4P.

Comment

Why does she seem shocked at the outcome of her action?

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                    Why does she seem shocked at the outcome of her action?
                    Or is she laughing?
                    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Okay, so I'm not Iron Balls McGinty!

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        Okay, so I'm not Iron Balls McGinty!
                        Truly an underappreciated cinematic masterpiece.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                          Truly an underappreciated cinematic masterpiece.
                          Indeed.

Comment

JH4P is exponentially more annoying than Cold. Cold was a jackass. JH4P is a know-it-all.
                            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

I have to say the arguments for Utah hosting Gameday are pretty strong. They did get blasted by Zona on the road even worse than UNI beat the Shocks. Still, they have a good home crowd and, as was noted by someone earlier, they are more of a fresh story as opposed to us. The "power conference" angle probably carries some weight as well. If Gameday doesn't come here in this instance, I don't ever see it happening. It would have to be a future big name non conference opponent, and we all know how unlikely it is that we'll ever see a team like that with the balls to venture into the Roundhouse to face a highly ranked Shocker team. If two top 15 Valley teams playing a winner take all game for the championship doesn't get Gameday, it ain't ever happening.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                                JH4P is exponentially more annoying than Cold. Cold was a jackass. JH4P is a know-it-all.
                                All fact. It's not even a comparison really. I think everybody other than WSUWatcher would take about 100 Colds to 1 JH4P.

I've honestly never seen a person quote themselves as much as that guy does.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X