Shockers vs Braves GAME Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    Jans is probably missed. But subtract Cleanthony and plug in Evan and you have some real challenges plus we lost some grown men in the post.
    Shaq and Carter have their moments but foul too much. Shaq is our rim protector these days. I liked it the 1st half when Cotton was weaving through their zone and either finishing with a score or dishing off nice passes. These penetration moves to get the ball inside where it belongs works so much better than trying to force long passes inside to our bigs that are telegraphed and stolen. FVV keeps getting 2 early fouls in the 1sr half too often which seemed extinct when we played our Non-Con games.
    Last edited by forevershockerfan; February 4, 2015, 10:08 PM.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
      Over 11 minutes.
      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• And Rian was where tonight?
        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• at least we know Baker will score his 1000 point at home !

how close is cotton to 1000 now? (i show him needing 71 still after tonight, does that sound right?)

Comment

• I don't care for the "oh well" tone of coaches post game interview either. But it is better than coach Turgeon's "I have no idea what to do" responses in the back half the 06-07 season. Those interviews were awful. He basically publicly admitted that he had lost the team. That was way worse.
            Last edited by Shock Therapy; February 4, 2015, 09:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
              Thanks, watched the game in the ER. Had to bring the M in L in. 3 point win works fo me tonight.
              Perspective. I hope and pray everything is alright.

Comment

And Rian was where tonight?
                Injured foot

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                  I hope Wessel can find his shot again, both from the field and the free throw line.
                  I wouldn't bet on it. Tough to overcome zero confidence. Even good shooters struggle when they lose confidence. Evan is not close to a good shooter and I just don't see how he will be able to find enough confidence to get going but maybe he will prove me wrong.

I love the intangibles Evan brings but I'm not sure they are enough at this point to overcome his total lack of offense. He is pretty much in Doug Gottlieb territory on the offensive end not too mention that he is at a distinct physical disadvantage at the 4. Credit to his toughness that he does a well as he does.
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 4, 2015, 09:59 PM.

Comment

• I think our strategy is to confuse the rest of the Valley with our play so no one knows what to expect. Keep the games close with the teams in the bottom half to give them confidence when they play other teams in the top half because they played well against WSU. And work on the psyche of UNI to where they think they're not really that good because WSU is in a slump. Next up - Missouri State and I predict we win by one in double OT to further our plan. After that the Valley won't know what hit them :)

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      Perspective. I hope and pray everything is alright.
                      Thank you. She's going to stay but things are better than 5 hours ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
                        I don't care for the "oh well" tone of coaches post game interview either. But it is better than coach Tugeon's "I have no idea what to do" responses in the back half the 06-07 season. Those interviews were awful. He basically publicly admitted that he had lost the team. That was way worse.
                        This. Plenty on his mind to fix and berating his team publicly has never really been his style. So he says the bare minimum and moves on.

Cohen was the best. Every question was answered by "I'll have to look at the tape"

Comment

And Rian was where tonight?
                          Guarding the water bottles

Comment

• Just for perspective sakes

4 Duke edges GT 72-66, GT is 1-9 in ACC
                            10 ND edges BC 71-63, BC is 1-8 in ACC
                            17 Maryland edges Penn St 64-58, Penn St is 2-8 in B10

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                              Well, I don't think the bottles scored and he did it without fouling. Good for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                                He did good. H2O never scored.

Comment

Working...
                                X