55-4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
    I could do this myself, I suppose, but I don't want to take the time right now -- do you also have the actual W-L records for WSU in those games?
    Not at the tip of my fingers. We know in games started Ron was 35-1 last year and 16-2 so far this year. I would have to go back a look at his starts in 2012-13.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      Not at the tip of my fingers. We know in games started Ron was 35-1 last year and 16-2 so far this year. I would have to go back a look at his starts in 2012-13.
      I believe he started the first 10 games (9-1, through the Tenn game), while Wessel started the first 8 (8-0, through the AF game). Then Ron also started all five NCAA tournament games that year.
      Originally posted by BleacherReport
      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
        I believe he started the first 10 games (9-1, through the Tenn game), while Wessel started the first 8 (8-0, through the AF game). Then Ron also started all five NCAA tournament games that year.
        That makes Ron 64-5.

Evan is 21-1 as a starter.

Someone should check my math. Addition is hard.
        Livin the dream

Comment

It's been a remarkable run to say the least, and it isn't over yet! It will be a sad day when this group is gone. Tekale's senior night will be pretty emotional and electric to say the least. I'm hoping Ron comes back next year. Fred, Ron and Evan's senior night, wow, can't even imagine what will be going through coaches mind on that night. Emotions will be high...

Comment

Let me grab my flame-proof armor before I say this.

I don't think Baker is having a year that will give him a reasonable expectation of a 1st round pick. I beleive Naker returns for a 4th year.

I also think his PG skills are better this year than they were last year. A 4th year of honing his PG skills could improve his draft status.

Next year Baker will probably have the defensive assignment on the opponents' best perimeter player.

The loss of Early, and how that affected the effectiveness of the perimeter players illustrates how important it is for Kelly, Morris, Nurger, and Wamukota to be productive next year. If Brown and Wessel can be the 3rd and 4th players in the back court, we're looking at another 30+ win season.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post

I don't think Baker is having a year that will give him a reasonable expectation of a 1st round pick. I beleive Naker returns for a 4th year.
              I agree. I think he'll be borderline 1st/2nd at best. That would make it pretty risky to leave early.

Comment

I also think his PG skills are better this year than they were last year. A 4th year of honing his PG skills could improve his draft status.

Next year Baker will probably have the defensive assignment on the opponents' best perimeter player.

The loss of Early, and how that affected the effectiveness of the perimeter players illustrates how important it is for Kelly, Morris, Nurger, and Wamukota to be productive next year. If Brown and Wessel can be the 3rd and 4th players in the back court, we're looking at another 30+ win season.
                His year so far makes it reasonable to predict that he returns. Early struggled quite a bit early last year. There was quite a bit of speculation that he was struggling from the pressure of having scouts watch him. Early's expected draft spot jumped a bunch after the Kentucky game.

Now, Early did drop lower than what was expected. It did seem like that was unexpected, though, and many commentators said he was certainly a steal early in the second round. Right now, it seems reasonable to think Baker will be back. A good NCAA tournament would make that far less likely.

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                  His year so far makes it reasonable to predict that he returns. Early struggled quite a bit early last year. There was quite a bit of speculation that he was struggling from the pressure of having scouts watch him. Early's expected draft spot jumped a bunch after the Kentucky game.

Now, Early did drop lower than what was expected. It did seem like that was unexpected, though, and many commentators said he was certainly a steal early in the second round. Right now, it seems reasonable to think Baker will be back. A good NCAA tournament would make that far less likely.
                  I'm in agreement with this as well. He's having a great season but not an "NBA eyebrow raising" type season, which is what was needed to make him a solid 1st rounder. His mini shooting slump isn't helping but he's a better defender and point guard than last year. He's probably a late 1st or early 2nd rounder, which is a big gamble to take.

Comment

A lot of it will depend on his performance come tournament time.

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post

Early didn't drop to the second round because of anything that he did. He dropped because there were a larger number of Euro prospects drafted than expected. I guess that teams do that because it's much easier to leave them in Europe for several years, thereby delaying their guaranteed money and saving cap space.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        A lot of it will depend on his performance come tournament time.
                        Then we are pretty much in a catch 22

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                          Then we are pretty much in a catch 22
                          Not me. I want him to kill it, win a NC and then whatever happens, happens. ;)

Comment

No reason for flame-retardant outer wear Aargh. You are spot on about Baker. Don't discount Brown as a lock down defender next year.

Comment

If Baker returns next year, our backcourt will be just ridiculously stacked. We will miss Tekele (understatement) but my goodness will we ever be deep at the 1-3, probably moreso than any other time in school history.

The present is pretty amazing but the future looks awfully good too.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                                If Baker returns next year, our backcourt will be just ridiculously stacked. We will miss Tekele (understatement) but my goodness will we ever be deep at the 1-3, probably moreso than any other time in school history.

The present is pretty amazing but the future looks awfully good too.
                                We will be deep with bodies and potential (even knowing that multiple players might leave):

VanVleet, Baker, Wessel, Henderson, Holland, Brown, Taylor, Frankamp, Holland, Shamet, McDuffie

We may or may not be deep with ability to execute. Everyone past the three seniors is a question mark.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X