No announcement yet.

55-4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are Evan and Ron's games, minutes, points and rebound stats for their carreers to date:

2011-12:
    Ron Baker - Redshirt
    Evan Wessel - 13GP/0GS, 7.6MPG, 1.6PPG, 1.0 RPG

2012-13
    Ron Baker - 18GP/15GS, 26.1MPG, 8.7PPG, 3.2RPG
    Evan Wessel - 8GP/8GS, 19.0MPG, 5.5PPG, 1.8RPG - Medical Redshirt

2013-14
    Ron Baker - 36GP/36GS, 29.9MPG, 13.1PPG, 3.8RPG
    Evan Wessel - 35GP/0GS, 12.4MPG, 1.2PPG, 1.9RPG

2014-15
    Ron Baker -18GP/18GS, 33.3MPG, 16.3PPG, 4.2RPG
    Evan Wessel - 15GP/14GS, 20.1MPG, 3.8PPG, 3.4RPG

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      Here are Evan and Ron's games, minutes, points and rebound stats for their carreers to date:

2011-12:
      Ron Baker - Redshirt

2012-13

2013-14

2014-15
      I'm freaking watching the Gonzaga replay tonight! Ahhhhhh. Feels so good.

Comment

Interesting fact: in all of our last 4 losses we have held at least an 8 point lead at some point in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurley View Post
          Interesting fact: in all of our last 4 losses we have held at least an 8 point lead at some point in the game.
          Damn refs.... ;)
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

My most memorable moment (for us old people think Readers Digest "My most memorable character") was after RB returned to the lineup and in St. Louis sitting with John Markham in the Westin after a game and saying to him" Baker was the difference in the game tonight" and mentioning how big he had come through. John looked at me and said "Let me introduce you to his mom and dad" who were sitting across the table from him. Great moment for me and they were so proud of their son.

Comment

I was actually thinking of all this earlier as I pondered our ranking. Some teams absorb 20 point losses. WSU ' s last 4 losses date back to the 2015 final 4 & there are no 20 point losses. On the rare occasion of a loss, the game is close & fought to the very end.
              Phi Alpha

Comment

Originally posted by Speed View Post
                I was actually thinking of all this earlier as I pondered our ranking. Some teams absorb 20 point losses. WSU ' s last 4 losses date back to the 2015 final 4 & there are no 20 point losses. On the rare occasion of a loss, the game is close & fought to the very end.
                It's just sic ain't it. What a run. What a coach. What a players. What a passionate fan base!!!!!
                It doesn't get much better!!!
                FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by Speed View Post
                  Hell, we barely even have double digit losses. Our last one was by 12 @Creighton in 2013, when Creighton shot >70% overall and >50% from three. That was one of the most incredible shooting games I can remember seeing. Wragge (? All of those unathletic white guys with beards blend together) draining a three while falling back into his own bench still haunts my nightmares.

Lost by 13 at home to ISUb that same season, without Baker/Wessel. Lost by 10 to Alabama in Puerto Rico, before that 2011 team was able to come together. 14 to San Diego State in 2010, who went on to lose to the eventual National Champs in the Sweet 16.

Our last 20+ point loss? @UNI by 24 on Jan 3, 2009. Over six years now without a 20 point loss. Only four losses by double digits in the past five seasons (three to NCAA tournament teams). To put that into context: Creighton has that many double-digit losses THIS YEAR ALONE. You would also have to add the margin of defeat from our last seven losses, going back to February 27th, 2012, to beat Creighton's loss to Baylor in the round of 32 last year alone (31 vs 30).
                  Last edited by Rlh04d; January 20, 2015, 07:27 AM.
                  Originally posted by BleacherReport
                  Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                    Hell, we barely even have double digit losses. Our last one was by 12 @Creighton in 2013, when Creighton shot >70% overall and >50% from three. That was one of the most incredible shooting games I can remember seeing. Wragge (? All of those unathletic white guys with beards blend together) draining a three while falling back into his own bench still haunts my nightmares.

Lost by 13 at home to ISUb that same season, without Baker/Wessel. Lost by 10 to Alabama in Puerto Rico, before that 2011 team was able to come together. 14 to San Diego State in 2010, who went on to lose to the eventual National Champs in the Sweet 16.

Our last 20+ point loss? @UNI by 24 on Jan 3, 2009. Over six years now without a 20 point loss. Only four losses by double digits in the past five seasons (three to NCAA tournament teams). To put that into context: Creighton has that many double-digit losses THIS YEAR ALONE. You would also have to add the margin of defeat from our last seven losses, going back to February 27th, 2012, to beat Creighton's loss to Baylor in the round of 32 last year alone (31 vs 30).
                    I was at that Creighton game. I was sad about the loss, but it was a lot easier to take knowing just how hot they were that day. They would have beat any team in the country. Heck, they would've beat some NBA teams in a game of H-O-R-S-E that day. Every circus shot was falling. Doug in particular couldn't miss. It was a pretty remarkable game for them.

Sucks to suck, though, because they've never made the second weekend of the NCAA tournament...

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                      My most memorable moment (for us old people think Readers Digest "My most memorable character") was after RB returned to the lineup and in St. Louis sitting with John Markham in the Westin after a game and saying to him" Baker was the difference in the game tonight" and mentioning how big he had come through. John looked at me and said "Let me introduce you to his mom and dad" who were sitting across the table from him. Great moment for me and they were so proud of their son.
                      Now that is a cool story.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                        Good thing you didn't talk trash on him! LMAO!
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

2011-12:
                          Ron Baker - Redshirt

2012-13

2013-14

2014-15
                          I could do this myself, I suppose, but I don't want to take the time right now -- do you also have the actual W-L records for WSU in those games?

Probably what would be most meaningful is the W-L record in the games each has started, inasmuch as a little-used player like Wessel was his true freshman season tends not to have much impact on the outcome and just to get in after the game is already decided.

Off-topic diversion based on Mr. Seminole's comments about WSU's margin of defeat vs. what Creighton has experienced: I just looked at the schedule, and Creighton's next six games are at Butler and Villanova (hoping for a repeat of last year's H-O-R-S-E battles, no doubt), then at home against St. John's and Georgetown, then at Xavier and St. John's. The way things are going for them right now, the Jayboys will be doing well to stand 1-11 in the league after that stretch, and they may well be betting underdogs in all six.

Ouch -- get out the beer mugs and shot glasses!

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                            I could do this myself, I suppose, but I don't want to take the time right now -- do you also have the actual W-L records for WSU in those games?

Probably what would be most meaningful is the W-L record in the games each has started, inasmuch as a little-used player like Wessel was his true freshman season tends not to have much impact on the outcome and just to get in after the game is already decided.

Off-topic diversion based on Mr. Seminole's comments about WSU's margin of defeat vs. what Creighton has experienced: I just looked at the schedule, and Creighton's next six games are at Butler and Villanova (hoping for a repeat of last year's H-O-R-S-E battles, no doubt), then at home against St. John's and Georgetown, then at Xavier and St. John's. The way things are going for them right now, the Jayboys will be doing well to stand 1-11 in the league after that stretch, and they may well be betting underdogs in all six.

But if you read their board, they would be 2nd in the MVC, and no worse than 3rd.

Comment

Well, that means no more than one conference loss, Hurley, inasmuch as there are currently three Valley teams with zero or one.

Hmmmm. You mean they're better 1-12 than Illinois State? How can that be?

Edit -- We're starting to venture afield here, and it's my fault for starting the Creighton talk, so no more from me except as it relates to WSU's remarkable records since Baker and Wessel came on board. Or FVV, I suppose, although he's a little harder to isolate that first year because he was a significant player even as a freshman off the bench.
                              Last edited by WSUwatcher; January 20, 2015, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post

Okey-dokey... a mug will do.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X